Recent content by master44

1. M

What did you pay for your CX-50?

As luck has it I found 1 dealership with a 2023 CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo PolyMetal Gray with black interior in June that was allocated a delivery in August. I put down a 1K deposit and took delivery in early August. Because I pre-ordered in June I locked in the price before the recent price...
  2. M

CX-50 TSB?

Does anyone have a link to active CX-50 Technical Service Bulletins? I recently purchased a 2023 CX-50 and have been to the dealer with random issues from day 1. I hate to say it, but my 2019 CX-9 manufactured in Japan has had 0 problems, but my 2023 CX-50 manufactured in Alabama shows shoddy...
  3. M

Infotainment - Radio Display?

Recently purchased a 2019 CX-9 GT, wondering if there is any way to see the radio station selection as you change channels. For example I'm in the NAV screen, hit the channel up button on the steering wheel, but have no idea what channel it switched to unless I exit the NAV, pull up the Audio...
  4. M

Is it worth buying the maintenance package ?

Maybe I just have had bad luck, but I would opt for the 100K extended warranty if you forsee yourself having the car that long. My CX-9 had something go out with the AWD around 30K miles and the repair was in the $3000 dollar range, luckly covered under warranty, now my bearings are going out...
  5. M

Smart Key Problems

Recently I accidently washed and ruined one of my smart keys in the washing machine. I bought a replacement one off of ebay that looked to be an original from some other vehicle as it came with an already cut key. Anyways long story short, after having the dealer reprogram the replacement key...
  6. M

Smart Key Compatability

I guess that makes sense, I just assumed that newer models had the power lift gate standard. In any case can you have a smart card with 4 buttons work on a model that doesn't have the lift gate and is there anything different about the smart keys from year to year. Would I be safe using a 2008 4...
  7. M

Smart Key Compatability

I have 2007 CX-9 Touring and have had 2 smart keys go bad, one from regualar use and just recently another one accidently went through the wash. I already went through the dealer last time as I know you can't program it yourself with just 1 good key. My question now is will smart keys for...
  8. M

CX-9 Out of Commission AGAIN

I also hear the click-click periodically when starting forward on my '07 CX-9, can someone explain what the bushing is and how important it is to get looked at?
  9. M

Transfer Case - 4WD Issues

Well I hope so, I have 22K on my 2007, so will know for sure when the snow returns this fall before the warranty is up. The tech who relaced the transfer case was sure I had a faulty one and said he hadn't seen a problem with any of the replacements. I look forward to seeing how things perform...
  10. M

Just an update, the dealer replaced the tansfer case and told me there have been other cases where they are bad right out of the factory. On my receipt it said replaced under TSB 03-005/08 I searched for this TSB, but couldn't find it, so not sure how they came up with it for my 2007 CX-9 If...
  11. M

What is this??

Thanks to all who replied, I ripped things apart and traced the wire to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?Image=82-600-042-01.jpg&S7ImageFlag=0&WaterMark=1&Item=N82E16882600042&Depa=0&Description=AUDIOVOX%20FMM100%20FM%20Modulator%20and%20Adapter Looks like it is an fm...
  12. M

What is this??

Good idea, but yeah it starts with the switch in either position.
  13. M

What is this??

I bought my CX-9 used and it had some after market accessories, like an add on overhead DVD player. I asked the dealer I bought the car from about some of the customizations, but he said it was an early lease return and didn't know. So now I have 2 things located under the stearing column that I...
  14. M

A few months ago there was some snow on the ground and my 2007 CX-9 reported being in 4WD when I noticed issues getting up my driveway, it's like I lost power, even though I floored the gas the RPM's didn't increase and I just slowly climbed up the driveway. I did some searching and noticed a...
Back