Recent content by markts

1. M

2016 CX-9 Infotainment System Rebooting and Freezing

I haven’t been on this thread for a while, but my issue was the sd card. In the cold it caused problems. Try pulling the card out the night before and see if it still has problems in the morning. The dealership replaced mine, one with presumably better cold temperature. performance.
  2. M

2015 CX-9 Wheel paint flaking off

Thanks Sm1ke. I just got the notice of the warranty extension for cracking in the infotainment display, and mine just showed the cracks in the last week so it'll be going to the dealership anyway soon. I understand I have limited "goodwill" as I have my servicing done by a local garage so I...
  3. M

2015 CX-9 Wheel paint flaking off

I noticed on a couple of my rims (2016 GT) it appears the clearcoat is peeling off, on one wheel in a spot as big as my hand. 😡 Going to have to figure what to do - it's pretty ugly.
  4. M

Traffic Sign Recognition for 2016/17 models?

Interesting. My 2016 GT has those features (smart brake, etc) but I didn't think it had the camera. Maybe it does. :) I have navigation and it definitely pulls the speed from that. My last nav update messed up the speed limits on my commute to work. They're wrong now, and since my update...
  5. M

70.00.335 Firmware

Congrats on the update! I've updated mine a couple times now, including one to install CarPlay. No problems at all. I saw that my 3-year availability for map updates had arrived about the same time as that update came out so I figured I'd better grab it. I haven't noticed any real changes...
  6. M

Guide 2nd Generation CX-9: Sequential LED turn signal installation (side mirrors)

That is really cool! Thanks for the write up!
  7. M

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Excellent! I think I did exactly the same thing.
  8. M

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Don't panic - I think I thought the same thing when I added the hardware to my 2016. IIRC you're not looking in the right spot. Post a picture.
  9. M

2016~2023 2019 cx-9

This is why I love this forum. Thank you - I didn't know this!
  10. M

FM Radio station names on display

I've noticed my 2016 "usually" shows the FM info, but often it's blank. I can understand if it can't get the HD signal to get the data, but my wife's 2013 Subaru never seems to have trouble. Strange.
  11. M

2019 CX-9 - list of design problems/complaints

One complaint I haven't seen that irritated me (again) yesterday with the entertainment system ... With the big, beautiful screen in front of me, why are the song (or author or album) names cut off halfway across the screen? Yesterday one radio station was playing "Hootie and the Blo"...
  12. M

So what are you guys paying for excise tax on your CX-9?

Yep JPL - I just paid my excise over the weekend. My 2016 was valued at something around $10k (thankfully?) so I had to pay about $275.
  13. M

About MRCC system and stop and go in cx9 2017

Nope. I believe it's new hardware (camera?). (I'm just as disappointed with my 2016)
  14. M

Guide 2nd Generation CX-9: Reverse light bulb replacement/upgrade

Yep, thanks sm1ke! Got my bulbs in and got them installed in minutes thanks to your write up! (bow)
  15. M

Rear camera problems since Android Auto update?

Self installed, no issues.
Back