Recent content by MadBiker

1. M

Anyone from New Zealand or Australia here?

p.s. Because of the coronavirus, car auctions for industry professionals are now conducted only online so several of the dealers I spoke to said that it's really hard to find buyers. for cars with engines bigger than 1.3 L.
  2. M

Antoine, so good to hear from you! You've done an awesome job on this forum. It's grown so much. Ouch you sold your Cosmo? Oh man... I will send you a private message instead of conversing here. Thanks!
  3. M

Hey Guys, It's been a looooong while since I posted here. As in the title, anybody from New Zealand or Australia here? This breaks my heart but I have to let go of my 2005 Mazda Atenza 23S. Pics are here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/here-i-come.101142/page-2 The reason is...
  4. M

What have you done to your P5 today?

Cool thread with mods done by everyone! Today, I washed my P5. Haven't washed it in maybe 2 years, really. Washed it, then discovered many nooks and crannies that need to be washed again. Will do it maybe next week. It's hard to find space to wash the car in Japan. As for other stuff that I've...
  5. M

Parts catalog for JDM Mazdaspeed Familia???

Hey guys, I've been able to purchase a used BJ5W/BJ5P (1999-2000 models) parts catalog off of Yahoo Auction in Japan, but there does not seem to be a paper parts catalog for 2000 and later Familias in Japan. I've asked around and it seems that all parts info is all online - how do the folks...
  6. M

Just another yellow P5 build...

Awesome dude! Nice that you can work on the stuff yourself. Envy envy envy envy...
  7. M

Guide Permanently fix the "no A/C on fan speed 2/3" problem

Hey guys, awesome writeup!! I've had this issue for a while now, but now the AC has deteriorated so far as to turn on even when I have it switched off. i.e., even though its in the off position, I can hear the compressor kicking in and I can feel the extra load on the engine when driving. This...
  8. M

Mazdas247 Mazda of the Month | December

More pics please!!!!
  9. M

Very weird problem, HELP!!!!

Water can be a problem- causes electrical problems down the road. I'm not a mechanic or anything but there could be shorts in expected places from migration or still-wet electrical parts. Had a 626 that I forced through waist high water and had continual problems with lighting after that (other...
  10. M

Clarion NX-708 (Japan system) Install on P5

Update: The touchscreen is not functioning near the top edge and the entire unit will need to be pulled out and sent to Clarion for repair. I don't think it's a software programming issue because after I pulled it out once and just let it lie facedown in my room for a week, the touch sensors...
  11. M

Mazdas247 Mazda of the Month | March

Congrats Awesome work. That's a lot of research and work in doing the engine swap. What a sleeper car you have. So does this mean you will be upgrading the rears to disc brakes from drum bakes? Kinda hard to see in the pics if you have drum brakes. Please def. create a thread for that...
  12. M

motor mounts - $1300?

After the mounts were replaced, did you notice if your steering wheel wasn't straight? The car will track just fine, it's just that the new mounts will properly support the engine and everything else so it affects the suspension etc. in the front. I put on AWR mounts plus transmission mount...
Back