Recent content by mac.mc78

1. mac.mc78

Which Aerospace 303 to purchase?

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS PRODUCT. I somehow managed to get a few drops onto the clear plastic on the odometer/instrument cluster, and now I cannot get rid of the dots. They're permanently there, I recommend putting a cloth over the instrument cluster and the heads up display (if you have one), or...
  2. mac.mc78

Firmware 70.00.367A

.367A fixed most, if not all, of the issues I was having. I have only had 1 or 2 Sirius drop outs over the past few months since it came out.. compared to monthly before. Depends on the vehicle, and years.
  3. mac.mc78

Annoyed - Dealership Service!

I've had major issues with my local dealership. From poor service, to being lied to about service being performed (when it wasn't), and I've also had issues where they provided the post-service checklist showing fictitious air pressure values that don't correspond with the actual pressure in...
  4. mac.mc78

CX-5 interior, cleaning product recommendations?

I'm agreeing with others on the 303 products - definitely something very useful. Does NOT leave a glossy shine, but seems to be great at repelling dust for a few weeks after application too.
  5. mac.mc78

Power Mirrors in the Winter

Sometimes that's not entirely possible at all at an almost completely full parking lot. I always tend to park away from the crowd in less-populated parking spots, but that's not always possible either.
  6. mac.mc78

I disabled the auto-fold when mine stopped working (to prevent any further damage that might be occurring) and the dealership re-enabled it when I got the car back. I might do the same thing.. but then my question is - even if I do it myself by using the manual switch, (cuz, I will do it every...
  7. mac.mc78

Mirrors not folding completely

When I got my first Mazda 6 (2004), I had it for about 20,000km when I started noticing the transmission was shifting *really* rough. My girl at the time even commented that the car wasn't as nice shifting as it was when I got it, so I took it to the dealer I bought it from. They literally...
  8. mac.mc78

So, I had the car in on Monday this past week, despite the multiple visits to get it fixed, they finally fixed it. I'm going to have a chat with their service manager to discuss my sub-optimal experience with their dealership. I know it likely won't matter, and s*** won't change, but at least...
  9. mac.mc78

Understood - my point was merely just that there's plenty of things on the vehicle that some people may use and some people may not have a use for it. I don't have a use for rear-heated seats, for example. No one ever sits in the back seats of my car, as I'm a single dude. Happy New Year!
  10. mac.mc78

You can say that about just about ANYTHING that is on the vehicle now though. - Why use radar cruise control? - Why use seat warmers? - Why use the auto-lane changing feature for the indicators? - Why would I rely on a system to automatically brake in a sudden-brake scenario? I mean we could...
  11. mac.mc78

After 15 months of ownership, my only complaint

My bad! It was the FUSION. Not the 500! LOL My bad!
  12. mac.mc78

Dealer told me (whether this is true or not) the Mazda 6 was made in Detroit, and because it was a shared platform with the Ford Fusion or whatever the hell that car was, it shared a lot of the common features, and that feature actually was a Ford system, not a Mazda one. Since the CX-5 is a...
  13. mac.mc78

I only have a very small # of complaints after a year and a half with mine. 1) I don't like the keyless entry solution they have with respects to the doors. I don't want to push the button to unlock the doors (on the door) if I don't want to use the key. My 2009 Mazda 6 all you had to do was...
  14. mac.mc78

So.. an update. I called Mazda Canada and sure enough, the exact same TSB exists here. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. They offered to call the dealership for me, but I opted to do it myself. I voiced my displeasure, and told them I wanted it fixed with the TSB. Gave them the case #...
  15. mac.mc78

Liftgate has a Mind of its Own?

Within the first month of me owning the car, I came out of stores/work and the trunk was open about half a dozen times. Since I got the silicone cover, I haven't had a SINGLE reoccurance of this since then. Its the only thing that changed - nothing else changed. Same # of keys on the ring...