Recent content by loosenut

1. L

Brake cleaning and lube necessary at 30K?

In the rust belt, not only should the slider pins be pulled, cleaned and lubed, but the pads should be removed and the mounting locations should be cleaned of rust build up and lubricated as well. If this isn't done then eventually the pads will "stick" to the caliper bracket which can cause...
  2. L

Mazda 5 Mazda 3 engine swap 2.0 L into 2.3 L

Wow, I'll start by saying that I don't think you're going to make this work. The first thing you need to do is pull the valve covers off both engines and count the number of "teeth" on the backside of the intake cams as others have stated. I didn't see an answer for that question. If the number...
  3. L

Missing coolant

A couple of places to check for coolant loss on the 5 is at the water pump weep hole and the hose block at the back of the cylinder head. It's also possible the t-stat gasket may be leaking. An inspection mirror would be required to check all of these. Check the water pump by sticking the mirror...
  4. L

Installed 1st Gen Mazdaspeed seats in 1st Gen Mazda5

Foolish, I'm happy you find the seats as comfortable on long trips as I do. Probably even more so since you have the front of the cushion raised up. Even without that I still find them to be a huge improvement over stock. I thought I would miss the armrests when I first did the swap but it...
  5. L

What is that electronic thump sound?

It sounds like you're describing the ABS "self test". If it only happens after the vehicle has sat for a bit and when you first start to drive away then that is what it is. It's completely normal.
  6. L

2009 mazda 5 error code U0101 transmission

I just priced it out at the dealer. That was the cost of the part alone. I put a used one from a 2009 Mazda 5 that I found locally in mine. It's plug and play, no programming required. I will have it checked for any available new software soon.
  7. L

2009 mazda 5 error code U0101 transmission

Most likely you have failed TCM. It is a fairly common failure on the the 3's and 5's wthe the 5spd trans. Mine just failed a month ago. Intermittent limp mode with AT and Engine light. Same code you're experiencing. New module fixed the vehicle. Approximately $800 thru the dealer. If you have...
  8. L

Strange noise

That sounds like the a/c compressor clutch slipping a bit on engagement with the engine under load. Once it warms up it stops. If you're running the defrost the compressor engages to help dry out the interior air. Try it once with the hvac completely off. If it still does it then its something...
  9. L

No problem, Foolish. I'm happy I inspired someone else to do the swap.
  10. L

There are very large rivets holding the feet to sliders/frame that I was not inclined to attempt to remove. Someone with more motivation than I had might attempt to drill those out to swap just the feet. I'm talking very large rivets though.
  11. L

Looks great Foolish! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine.
  12. L

Reprogramming keyless remote/entry fob transmitter - with a twist?

Guys, you can program just one fob. It's the key itself that you have to have 2 existing to program yourself. To program the fobs you just need to do them all together because it erases any old ones when you do a programming procedure.
  13. L

Automatic Transmission Temperatures

Torque App can only communicate with the PCM not the TCM so it can't read the ATF temp. I believe the App just substitutes ECT. See Silentnoise713's cooler install thread for some number comparisons with and without an auxiliary cooler...
  14. L

Reprogramming keyless remote/entry fob transmitter - with a twist?

The answer to your question is yes. The old fob will program to your new vehicle as long as the fob is still in good working order. Hint: check your owner's manual. The procedure for programming your fob should be in there. You can do it yourself.
  15. L

2008 2.3L 5 speed auto Dynotronics tune

I apologize, I haven't been on here to update this recently. I am in hiatus with the tune at the moment due to winter and being busy with the holidays and other family events. I have flashed back to the stock tune to run regular gas during the winter months. Between delays on my part and also on...
Back