Recent content by kcfoxie

1. K

KONI FSD Suspension for Mazda5, New in Box

Asking $600 shipped for these. They are brand new, we have not installed them. We are looking at letting the van go, and wanted to see if anyone was interested.
  2. K

I can't roll down one of my windows...

It did turn out to be a sticking window rubber.
  3. K

Hmm... so grease it up a little and see what happens? The window has, of course, started working again. I never could find the relay that "pops" to prevent motor burn out, and I could swear I heard the motor click as if it got the signal... but not even an attempt of motion. Really bizarre. My...
  4. K

Do you have another "non-family" car in the driveway? Looking at getting a second car

I really think you should consider the Passat. That's more of an Associate's car, has a lot of options, but isn't astronomically priced. It's got lux, but it's not a slug. If you're going to consider an S60, I'd give it a consideration too. (We have two Volvos as well... we're partial to them)
  5. K

Do you have another "non-family" car in the driveway? Looking at getting a second car

I have extensive (as in tattoos for loyalty) experience with VW. If you're considering one, the 2.5L is the most Japanese like engine. Do not consider an automatic if it isn't a DSG. The TDI (diesel) is really their best offering. My TDI Convertible 6-speed manual gets 42, top down, at 70...
  6. K

So I've searched about and can't find this behavior in other threads or on the web. My 2009 Mazda5 did something odd one time to me shortly after purchase. The passenger window didn't roll down from the driver side controls. I got it to go down with the controls on the door, and then the driver...
  7. K

Illuminated A/C Controls - is this normal?

You guys are the best. I'm having issues with my AUX cable and am about to bite the bullet and order a GROM BT3 audio adapter (for whatever reason they don't list the 09 as being compatible, but I don't see a difference in the 08 and 09 radios -- and 08 is supported). I'll tackle this at the...
  8. K

I'm new here and this is my first Mazda

While that's true... I come from diesels, we are beyond obsessive about FE numbers. I've already figured out how to fill to the neck and ensure the volume is consistent tank to tank. That said 29.7, but just a partial tank...added injector cleaner and topped up. RPMs matter. So does having...
  9. K

Illuminated A/C Controls - is this normal?

I noticed this morning that the fan control knob's AC light comes on if the AC is on, but the knob itself doesn't illuminate ...unlike the temp control knob or the center mode knob: Is this normal? If it's not....how would one go about fixing this? I'd assume that a bulb has burned out...?
  10. K

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

Hmm.... I have an 09 manual and my first tank as 18.2mpg. I put in nearly 14 gallons. Not sure if this is getting used to the vehicle (and the belly pan was broken and flapping, creating a certain drag for the vehicle -- I removed it today). Or if perhaps I have something else going on. I'll...
  11. K

It's comfortable enough as the seat sits. I've got it as low as it'll go, and it's at the end of the track. It's not having to crane my neck to see stop lights that I love about it. I've read these things like to wear out suspensions, but they're pretty cheap (compared to what I'm used to). Not...
  12. K

This is indeed true! I'm really tall (6'3") and I've always had to slouch to see stop lights in almost every car I've ever owned. This is without a doubt the first vehicle I've had where I can sit straight up all the time and never have the stop light "cut off" by the roof line. I love that most...
  13. K

It's a short story. The old Volvo was loaded up with stuff for the dump, goodwill, post office and it refused to re-start on me after I moved it out of the driveway and onto the street. Before AAA towed it off to the shop I was looking for a Mazda5. I picked this model exclusively because it...
  14. K

Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

2009 manual transmission, first Mazda. Year: 2009 Location: Raleigh NC Trim: Sport Tranny:Manual Any extra accessories: I have the 6disc and AUX, factory roof rack. Sale Tax Rate: 6.25% Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees): $7600.00 86,893 miles. Two previous owners...
Back