Recent content by joe6864

1. J

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Not really. There have been some nasty bugs with iCloud. Mine's been fine, but I see lots of issues with others.
  2. J

Siri always brings up Apple maps instead of Google maps

Lol at the Apple haters... you can indeed say "navigate to X in Google Maps" (works in iOS13, not sure about older iOS versions).
  3. J

tie into cameras for dash cams?

The front camera is used for safety features of the vehicle. Be careful because insurance companies can deny paying out accident claims if they discover you've tampered with a safety feature at all.
  4. J

Carplay & iOS 13 public beta **must read**

Mine works fine now too, on public beta 3. Love the new CarPlay, and I hope Apple allows Google Maps and Waze to use the smaller map window on the new homescreen (rumour has it they will, but only after iOS13 goes live)
  5. J

Navi Comparo: CarPlay vs. Mazdas

There's really no comparison. Carplay with Google Maps or Waze brings you always up to date maps, better traffic than any other solution, and intelligent routing.
  6. J

Automatic braking? What the heck?

I think you're misunderstanding what the problem is.
  7. J

text messaging question (2017 GT)

Not sure if I'm understanding properly, but if your phone isn't connected to CarPlay pressing buttons on the car won't activate Siri... you would be hearing the Mazda voice controls (which suck). You can only invoke Siri from the steering wheel buttons when CarPlay is active. Otherwise you could...
  8. J

Mazda has no control over CarPlay... this would be an Apple restriction as far as I know.
  9. J

What's the deal with the traffic option?

You'll need to get the retrofit installed (new USB & Software) to have AA unfortunately. If nav traffic is a priority it sounds like it'll be worth it for you though.
  10. J

How Much Does It Bug You That You Can't Use The Touchscreen While Driving?

Doesn't bug me at all... the commander knob works great for everything I need it to do when driving.
  11. J

CarPlay can work with the HUD if Mazda coded the integration correctly. This is just pure laziness/incompetence from Mazda.
  12. J

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

That's a strange preference :p For me, it's not worth the $ to upgrade because it's missing the HUD integration.
  13. J

I'd be all over this if the navigation worked with the HUD... otherwise at this cost I'm just likely going to keep mounting my phone to the air vent on the left of the steering wheel.
  14. J

AA now availble.

There's an almost 900 post thread about it right here... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123861528-New-AA-ACP-Thread-(with-Poll)
  15. J

Bracing for the "i have a new rattle" threads in the coming months!
Back