Recent content by Joe Willie

1. J

What is wrong with CX-5 Signature?

Looked at the Sig and GT-R. My salesperson told me that there was not a lot of interest in either of them when compared to the lower trim models. I think that's due mostly to price considerations. In the end, I bought the stock GT since a turbo was not meaningful to me and folding mirrors...
  2. J

Instrument panel reflection on windshield

I, too, notice it only with the infotainment screen at night.
  3. J

engine coolant antifreeze level should be at...

Actually, when the engine is cold, the coolant level should be at or just above "L." Remember, the coolant level rises as the engine warms up. When the engine is warm, the level should be at or just below "F."
  4. J

2020 due?

I think for 2020, you lose the native navigation in all but the Signature model. Otherwise, the 2020 has a bit more torque and a slightly larger infotainment screen.
  5. J

Test drove 2019 CX-5. Disappointed

This^!!
  6. J

One of the problems with cars today is that there's way too much technology and not enough CAR!
  7. J

If it is a water or moisture issue, then that likely would eliminate motor wear as a cause regardless of whether the mirrors were disabled.
  8. J

Yes, I have a GT. Don't get me wrong, it's great if someone wants a turbo. For me, it makes little sense in an SUV application. I was just curious as to the reason others want the turbo. Wouldn't a NA V6 be better, assuming Mazda offered one?
  9. J

Personally, I see no big deal about a 2-3 sec. difference in 0-60 acceleration in an SUV. A sports car yes, but not an SUV.
  10. J

Next Gen CX-5 Design and Content Suggestions

Also ... #12 - illuminate homelink buttons.
  11. J

Next Gen CX-5 Design and Content Suggestions

Love the car, but here's my list, in no particular order, after a month of owning a GT ... they may seem minor nitpicks, but they just bug me: 1. Install power off button for the radio/infotainment. Update infotainment software and GUI, particularly so time and compass can be displayed on dark...
  12. J

2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

Different strokes, I guess. I like the firmness of the seats since it actually HELPS my bad back/sciatica.
  13. J

Could really use some advice about my new CX-5 please

It's relevant because if he overpaid for the car, then he could return it within the 5 day period and buy a similar car that did not have a replaced transmission. OTOH, if he got a good deal, then he could keep it, provided he confirms that the transmission was replaced properly
  14. J

Could really use some advice about my new CX-5 please

How much did you pay for it?
  15. J

new owner

I just bought a CX-5 GT last month in Deep Blue Mica. For me, it had everything I needed. I don't want folding mirrors, ventilated seats, etc. That doesn't mean I would criticize anyone for choosing a higher trim level. To each his own, and I hope everyone enjoys their CX-5s. A great car and a...
Back