Recent content by jelfrank

1. J

2016 CX-5 rear brake TSB resolution

Good to know. Glad I can continue with the cruise control unabated.
  2. J

Thanks for your prompt reply. After examining the brake pads that were removed the ware on both was pretty even. So to my relief, I don’t think I have a caliper issue. I think the problem is the radar cruise control. The backs wore out three times faster than the front pads. So I’m either going...
  3. J

I have 137K on my CX5 2016 and have now the right rear brake scrape noise. Got new rotors and pads. The old pads showed twice the war as the left rear pads. I did the test on the TSB and there are no symptoms of the Emergency Brake not releasing. Should I just get that caliper serviced or...
  4. J

2016 CX-5 Audio upgrade thread

I heard the D pillar speakers were a lot of work to get to. How was it so easy?
  5. Untitled.png

Untitled.png

6. J

for the Bose system I got good results from the 2ohm component speaker PowerBass 6.5" If fit easily with the adapter Crutchfield sent. Just don't install the tweeter it comes with. Don't know if a 4ohm speaker will do the job. Now, I did up my bass settings a couple of clicks. With my overall...
  7. J

I opted for Power Bass L2 6c instead and had great Results replacing the door woofers in the front. The bass is cleaner, punchy and does the job. I don’t feel I need the subwoofer. I didn’t install the tweeters as they certainly weren’t needed with the Dash three speakers. This was Crutchfield‘s...
  8. J

Updated CX-5 dash speakers

YES SORRY. Power Bass L26c did the job on replacing those door bass woofers with punchy, cleaner bass.
  9. J

Updated CX-5 dash speakers

I used ProBass 2ohm 2way 6.5" speakers and didn't install the tweeters. GREAT punchy and clean bass. The Bose 9" woofers were just too boomy clouding the sonic space.
  10. J

If you are asking about my speaker, I have an extra Polk Did you need a speaker harness for the D pillar speaker connection?
  11. J

MY BOSE UPGRADE STORY. After weeks of thought and trial and error, while trying to keep it all under $500, the job is done! Gear upgrades: Front dash 3 speakers: Polk Audio DB351. Thanks to you all on this forum that recommended those. Crutchfield said only the center would fit, but the others...
  12. J

Update. Putting in Powerbass 2 ohm speakers (leaving out the tweeter components). Crutchfield says will work well with the Bose amp that pumps the bass to the front doors. Going from 9" woofers to 6". Will be interesting to see if I get the punchier bass, and less muddy sound. If I am not...
  13. J

Gonna try this on the doors. PowerBass L2-6C it's s component system but 2 ohm. I just won't install the tweeters. Install will be easy, so I got an extra $150 to burn. 6" speakers replacing 9"? hmmm. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-uCKHELCMcxh/p_151L26C/PowerBass-L2-6C.html
  14. J

Hi, did you keep the Bose amp when you installed the Kenwood sub? I guess you tap the signal behind the radio head, if so?
  15. J

Gonna follow your lead and install the Kenwood sub.
Back