Recent content by Jbock9

1. Jbock9

Steam Cleaning Cloth Seats

Wanting to invest in a good one as water won’t always be the stain I’m dealing with - 3 week old baby now.. What’s a good one cost? $500, $1000?
  2. Jbock9

Awesome thanks for the recommendation. A fan of Mothers. I can safely say there is in fact a sensor under the seat, as my dog constantly sets it off. I can also safely say, it is still working even after spilling 8oz of water on it and letting it soak in while driving.. if I can’t find a steamer...
  3. Jbock9

Have not found what I was looking for as far as steam cleaners used by fellow Mazda owners.. dog knocked over my wife’s water bottle and spilled about 8oz of water in the passenger seat.. after drying, can see the water stain. Anyone have any luck with a nice steamer? Looking to invest in...
  4. Jbock9

CX-5 Seat Upgrade

No I have not looked into this. Definitely worth a bit of couch time research. Thanks for the idea.
  5. Jbock9

CX-5 Seat Upgrade

This is so weird that there are multiple people saying the 16 seats are softer... Ours was a rental car, and the only thing I can think of are this point is a manufacturer using lesser quality seats for a rental (even possible?), or more likely, repetitive cleaning has taken its toll in some...
  6. Jbock9

CX-5 Seat Upgrade

Is it possible the seats get softer over time? We have about 55k on the clock. Still much firmer than gen 2 (spent enough time to know I liked it more). I would be very serious about the swap if it were plug and play or if someone had done it. Too many uncomfortable road trips under my belt to...
  7. Jbock9

CX-5 Seat Upgrade

Thanks for your reply. I figured as much.. I planned on finding a pair of fronts out of a totaled car somewhere. Anyone have measurements on the 2017 seat rail handy?
  8. Jbock9

CX-5 Seat Upgrade

Primarily use my 2016 CX-5 Sport for highway driving, trips between Kansas City and St. Louis. I took the car in for routine service and borrowed a 2017 CX-5 loaner. The seats are very comfortable in comparison. Has anyone had this issue, or been bothered enough to retrofit 2017 front...
  9. Jbock9

Guide Programming Mazda CX-5 keys

I had to erase all keys. Would not be a bad idea to be close to dealer when doing this in case you cannot figure it out.
  10. Jbock9

For mine, I had the same thought. I had to erase all keys and then add again. Did not find out until it was already done, so kind of a sink of swim situation at that point. Got it figured out, however red light is still on to this day. Never could get rid of it (due to programming a 3 button key...
  11. Jbock9

Some may ask if you are attempting to steal a car Vyte... but with that said, I would just use the OEM part number if you can find it online. I would ask a locksmith to get the car door opened before breaking window. You can disconnect the battery to stop the alarm. Then the F100 tool will be...
  12. Jbock9

Yeah they tend to be a bit overpriced. They quoted that high but it included the cut too. Was a bit lower with only the programming and key purchase. Bought my key for $45ish on amazon (uncut) and the F100 tool for like $115. Much cheaper option. Just dealing with the light now.
  13. Jbock9

To be honest, have not tired disconnecting battery. Have been busy with DMV, selling wife's old car, and fixing VCG on mine. I'll attempt this week. Everything has been working fine and she has not complained about the key light so it kind of became low priority for me.
  14. Jbock9

Yeah.. no luck with the red key light on the dash. Everything works fine. Guess we*ll drive it until it bothers us and then take to dealer, unless anyone has any suggestions. May try resetting computer by disconnecting battery. Maybe just need to reset error codes stored in system. If this...
  15. Jbock9

2016 CX-5 Bumper Cover Plate

Bumper looks awesome. Thanks for giving me confidence to buy it haha. Car is finally the way it should be after coming off the lot as a rental with some scuffs here and there, missing interior rubber mat in handles, busted fog light etc. Now if only I trusted my wife enough to upgrade the wheels...
Back