Recent content by jasong7131

1. J

Straight 6 skyactiv-x engine in development

Imo this inline 6 is just a by product of saving cost on new engine development, similar to what BMW has done with their latest B48/B58 engine family. Mazda will need a more powerful engine for the bigger vehicles in the future, it probably is cheaper to continue the skyactiv x design and expand...
  2. J

2020 Highlander vs 2nd generation CX-9

Yea that hybrid offers attractive mpg and combined power, hopefully will be priced reasonably, that might make me consider one as I live in a city. I'm not sure about the size been a mistake though, most of the buyers just need an emergency 3rd row and the Highlander is perfect for that just...
  3. J

2020 Highlander vs 2nd generation CX-9

I would say the new one is a big improvement over the current from the inside, still s top choice for most who want to be sensible and doesn't need all that space. As for the exterior, to be fair when was there ever someone looked at the Highlander and say"wow what a good looking car, I must go...
  4. J

Question on "Utility"

Well if the Mazda 3 can do it I'm pretty sure both the Rav and CX5 would be fine, just don't get carried away too much by the added confidence. Back to your question, if I like off roading I'd go with Rav4 adventure, it does have a different AWD system with real torque vectoring, center lock...
  5. J

Question on "Utility"

OP, are you sure you ready to bring your brand new SUV with low profile tire for off roading?
  6. J

What new Mazda reveal at 2019 NY autoshow?

I thought they said the 6 sedan cannot be equipped with awd unlike the wagon? Bunch of liers, realmad.
  7. J

Test drove a Honda Passport Elite

The problem with Honda been so disappointing on the reliability list could be their newer turbo and hydrogen powered cars, I think two Honda models ended on CRs top 10 least reliable vehicle list. The passport and pilot should be pretty good.
  8. J

March 2019 MNAO sales numbers

I'd like to see a turbo cx50 for sure. The new Kia Telluride is impressive too.
  9. J

I hate when dealers does this, it's a mass production vehicle, the benefits of doing this in exchange of losing potential customers is not worth it IMO.
  10. J

2020 Refresh Speculation

I'm hoping to see a 3rd row delete option.
  11. J

I paid special attention to the transmission on my test drive and didn't notice anything. Honda has 2 models on consumer report's top 10 least reliable vehicle recently, the company as a whole is definitely going downhill in terms of reliability but I think the Passport will be fine as the...
  12. J

Let me tell you how disappointed when I learned that the new Mazda CUV was the even smaller cx30. I liked the Passport on paper and went for a test drive, only dislike was the highway speed wind buffeting like noise.
  13. J

Prices paid for 2019 CX5

I'm planning on picking up a Sig this year and like to know your strategy. I'm in no hurry and flexible in payment methods.
  14. J

New Motor Trend Review Signature CX-5

No trajectory and terrible resolution, I think it's pretty much the worst on the market.
  15. J

New Motor Trend Review Signature CX-5

I found the article to be spot on, except I didn't feel any fun when I test drove the CRV. It was loud and slow responding. Mazda really need to fix the backup camera, and hopefully the new infotainment system will be available to the CX5 soon too.
Back