Recent content by gpzjack

1. G

On my way to Disney...Mileage report!

Arrived today in orlando...bit over 1000 miles.....did a route from philly thru the outer banks...with two ferries and down to Charleston...then 95 from there....once we started running 75 or so mileage dropped a little but still around 27. I am real happy with it. I rode my motorcycle this...
  2. G

On my way to Disney...Mileage report!

Driving From Pa to Fl this week. Car is loaded with Thule Rooftop carrier on top. After refueling i calculate 29mpg. I think that is fantastic. I was thinking mid 20's at best. This was average speeds 45-65
  3. G

Top 5 Vans for 2009 Announced by NADAguides.com

If they have the T&C up there thats enough to tell me the list is lame...they are junk. Bad trans,brakes, tons of ac problems. VW will be the same.
  4. G

Finally posted Crash tests

sorry.. i looked for it and couldn't find it. I was surprised it took so long for them to do it. I know in japan it got the highest scores ever for a mini van.
  5. G

Can you identify this - is it a new Mazda 5?

If it was available in the U.S i think it would easily be the best looking minivan available, They were giving away mpv's when we bought our 5. Looking back i wish i picked one up for the extra room.
  6. G

Brief but Good Review of the Mazda5 at AutoWeek

Let the sheep have their cars while we get to have fun and something different. I think the 5 is the best alternative to a Minivan on the market. I have owned dozens of cars and for some reason after almost 2 years of ownership we are still in love with it.
  7. G

Mazda5 vs KIA Rondo comparisons and articles (merged)

had one for a rental..it was a gas pig. I can't imagine trying to seat 6 in it and it was just plain boring
  8. G

Hi from PA

cool. I ride my bike thru the park all the time.
  9. G

Hi from PA

Outside of philly near the airport. There are tons of 5's around here. I can drive a mile in just about any direction from my house and see one in a driveway.
  10. G

Mazda5 vs Kia Rhondo Pics

Had a rhondo as a rental...really missed the 5. The only nice thing was the v6. Other than that we like our 5 much better. Rhondo was a gas pig.
  11. G

Dodge Caravan R/T Concept. 2008 Detroit NAIAS

LOL. I came from a t&C This thing will be a typical chrysler pos.
  12. G

The Tire Wear Problem Thread

we have 15k . Never have rotated the tires. Fronts are going bald. Rears are perfect. I attribute this to my wife never checking tire pressure and running them low. She just checked the other day and they were really low. Car drives perfectly straight. Im gonna get new tires soon. The toyos have...
  13. G

Does "Under-powered" mean "Over-strained?"

I just laugh when people say the car is underpowered....Lets look at the 84 z28 150hp. LOL anyway... I love this car on the highway. I find myself up at 90 all the time without breaking a sweat. It will easily walk away from my subaru. I also find it to have one of the best shifting autos i...
  14. G

Mz5 Sway bar bushings- is this another issue?

just had our bushings done this week at 15k . I couldn't drive it LOL it was driving me nuts. Had the same problem with our T&C. If it happens again i will probably go aftermarket.
  15. G

The Tire Wear Problem Thread

doesn't help that the toyo tires suck. My tire guy told me that the z rating was killing the life span on them too. Im going to a v rated tire next.
Back