Recent content by GP 2004

1. G

When I was a kid I walked 10 miles to school.......

Up hill both ways!
  2. G

Urgent Help needed - Can Mazda 3 Key fob program with Mazda cx 5

I believe that the Mazda 3 fob has a button for the trunk, and the CX-5 fob does not. I don't know if that will matter.
  3. G

I dumped my CX-5 finally

I added remote start to my cx-5, I'm sure you could add it to your new one.
  4. G

Ride Adjustment

I don't know if the touring has the same seat as my Mazda, but I'm old and I found that if I adjusted the seat just right, the ride was much more comfortable to me. I like the ride on my CX-5. Try adjusting the seat to fit you.
  5. G

Driving long distances... is the CX5 comfortable?

I added an arm rest cover to the center console, similar to this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sports-Center-Console-Armrest-Cushion-Suede-Line-Black-Red-Stitch-For-Universal/272909957712?fits=Model%3ACX-5&hash=item3f8ab37a50:g:J3EAAOxyXDhSlEYh:rk:94:pf:0 and I have driven from home to Texas and...
  6. G

-27F and it started right up!

Mine started with the remote today. I was pleased. I live in NWIN as well.
  7. G

New Motor Trend article comparing CX-5, RAV-4, CR-v, etc.

If that is the case, I guess I will just drive the wheels off of my CX-5. I still like my Mazda and I don't have a problem with keeping it. If I keep it long enough, the trade-in would be low no matter what brand I have.
  8. G

Programming one new key 2016 CX-5 GT (lost key)

I bought a Mazda key fob on the internet. The price was better than the dealers that I called. I got quotes from several dealers for the programming for the extra key fob and I went with the lowest price. I was told to bring all three fobs and the car to the dealers service center. Everything...
  9. G

2018 CX-5 GT with loose rear view mirror mount

I have the auto-dimming mirror with home link and mine doesn't wobble at all. Your 'friend' is handing you a line, don't believe it. Take it in to the dealer and have it fixed.
  10. G

Cx 4 ?

I like the look of it. I would want the 2.5 L engine, and I bet this doesn't have it.
  11. G

Heated Mirrors?

Too bad there are no pics anymore for that DIY post.
  12. G

CX5 2017 Luggage/Cargo/Trunk Light

I replaced mine with an LED in it's first year. The LED has worked without problem for more than 2 years now. I don't know if your model year has the same bulb as mine. I got mine on eaby.
  13. G

2018 CX5 Touring gas gauge stuck on full

If the gauge worked before you took it in and stopped working when the body shop 'reset it', the body shop broke it, and they are responsible. The damage occurred while the car was in their care. Take them to court if they won't repair it, you will need to document everything.
  14. G

Mazda sent us stickers! Anyone else?

I have a 'Zoom-Zoom' in that location on my CX-5.
  15. G

Can body panel above left rear bumper be DIY repaired?

I would try the heat method on the bumper cover. Get it warm, push it out then cool it while you massage the dent from the inside. This may require the help from another. The reflector may be a problem if the little tab that it attaches to is broken off. Maybe some type of glue? After you get...
Back