Recent content by gdluke

1. G

Does everyone's cx5 rattle and squeak

I'd like to heard what others say. But I have a 2018 Touring and only at about 14k miles, and already started hearing front end/suspension noises. I'm wondering if the dealer will do anything positive to fix it.
  2. G

Did you have the rocker issue recall work done? Post your experience here

Wow, hope mine goes up too. After the recall it's been in the low 20's so far(notcool)
  3. G

Finally has mine done. Long after getting into it on the phone with a secretary at the dealer that answers the calls, she wouldn't schedule me without a recall letter from Mazda at the time. Like the letter somehow made the safety recall valid?! Recalls are entered into a manufacturer's...
  4. G

2019 Sig Clicking Noise From Front End and Brake Squeal

I believe there was a TSB for 2017-2018 CX-5 suspensions, hopefully someone will post it up for you.
  5. G

I told my local dealer about the recall. They said "it says the recall is in an incomplete status with a remedy that's not yet available". I'm over here thinking, well then what the heck is the software update for?? -Long story short they claim that they can't setup an appointment until I get...
  6. G

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and Mazda6 models

Thanks, I did have the NHTSA website on hand. I feel like calling corporate either way, hopefully their response isn't that I should wait for the letter as well... Their excuse would probably be, that they send letters to enable them to not be swamped with appointments from all owners at the...
  7. G

What the dealers in my area are now saying is that they cannot book an appointment until I receive a letter in the mail from Mazda. Talk about lame, and also a failure to respond to Mazda Corporate liability(rant)
  8. G

I called one of the dealer's and mostly dealt with their scheduling secretary. She also mentioned the quote/unquote parts needed. So I called another dealer in the area and spoke to a service tech, he cleared things up and told me that the so called parts are the actual software itself and that...
  9. G

MyFirstMazda, what do you mean parts, the PCM reprogramming doesn't require parts? It only requires the reprogrammer, which the dealer should already have to use on all other cars.
  10. G

Calibration after windshield replacment

Thanks for the follow-up! I don't think it's standard practice for them to test the rain sensing element after a swap (I believe the sensor you had trouble with was the collision avoidance). I'm due to go back to the shop next week, hopefully they can get it taken care of and actually swap for a...
  11. G

Calibration after windshield replacment

Body shop changed mine, and now the rain sensing will not work. I read that it could be the sensor not seating on the glass correctly, or it may possibly be that they didn't replace the windshield with a Mazda OEM one(uhm)
  12. G

All Malfunction Warnings Popped Up...

Happened to mine for multiple I-Active system faults first thing in the morning, a couple times. I shut it down and restarted each time it happened and all the fault lights went out. It stopped happening completely after experiencing it those 2-3 times.
  13. G

Is there a way to turn the horn beep off when locking

Mm.. you might be referring to locking with the dealer installed motion sensor? I fell for keeping the added motion sensor installed by the dealer, the instructions for cutting the horn from blowing should be with the KARR/SWDS or whatever motion sensor the dealer put in.
  14. G

Can't get service icon to turn off 2017 CX-5 GT

Same here last time I did my 2018. It was bugging me because resetting in the maintenance settings screen did nothing, but I see eaestrom mention that after a software update the maintenance screen reset works. I wonder if he's referring to the NA_70.00.021x firmware update for android...
  15. G

No Chatter About The G-vectoring Upgrade

So you think the 2019's aren't even keeled? Interesting..
Back