Recent content by GaryMx

1. G

Homelink dashcam tap+ rear dashcam?

As far as I know, if you tap into an accessory slot in the fuse box, you*d be fine. I don*t know whether that makes the whole install easier for you, just that the fuse box doesn*t change the risk of draining the battery.
  2. G

Dashcam with invisicord on 2019 GT/PP

I haven't found anything specific to this model, but in general it should be ok. I found a competitor to invisicord, called MirrorTap by BlendMount, that comes with multiple connectors. What I've learned is that all you need is a power and ground, but you need to be aware of whether the power...
  3. G

New car, winter wash question

I encourage the DIY washes over the touchless ones, especially if you can go when they're not busy and use your own bucket and soap. Most of what I*ve read (largely from the auto detailing group at Reddit) is that the car washes tend to use harshers soaps. But using their spray gun on the rinse...
  4. G

Dashcam with invisicord on 2019 GT/PP

Ive read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models. I dont know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can...
  5. G

Dash Cam Adhesive Pads Continually Failing--What's Worked for Yours?

Thanks, that*s really great. It looks like you have it wired right into the mirror/sensor harness, and didn*t have to run it all the way around the windshield trim, correct?
  6. G

Dash Cam Adhesive Pads Continually Failing--What's Worked for Yours?

I've just started looking at dashcams, and now I'm curious. I hadn't considered mounting on the sensor cover, and I'm not sure which cams would work there. Would it be too much to ask for a picture of your installation? I saw a recent mention of the Blendmount, but I'm pretty sure that...
  7. G

Anyone got the Husky liners (model #95641) for the 2018 CX-5?

The Mazda Canada Premium mats are supposedly the same as the ones sold as 3D MAXpider in the US, other than the logo. I got mine from carid.com.
  8. G

Audible pausing with CarPlay?

As near as I can figure, the Audible app doesn't have voice control.
  9. G

Audible pausing with CarPlay?

Is there an easy way to pause Audible while playing through CarPlay? It's frustrating that the fast forward and rewind buttons on the steering wheel work fine, but the mute button in the center console, which works fine when playing Audible over Bluetooth, doesn't actually pause Audible when...
  10. G

"What should I get for my new CX5 First?"---A definitive answer

Not at all. It's just the principle. And having grown up in New York City in the 60s.
  11. G

Seat Heater, Heads Up Display Memory

I don't get the heated seat memory requirement. Usually I scale down to two bars after ten minutes, and turn it off by the time I've gone 20 or 30 minutes, so it wouldn't come on again anyway. Besides, I have a garage, and rarely need the heaters when leaving the house. Do people really leave...
  12. G

"What should I get for my new CX5 First?"---A definitive answer

That's why I got mine. And I don't even keep them attached, so I can take out my house keys without taking out the fob, and I leave the fob inside a faraday pouch at home when I'm not driving. But I am annoyed that the fob covers I got don't have the liftgate button textured for easy...
  13. G

text messaging question (2017 GT)

Somehow, I missed seeing that there were responses, so thanks for the answers. My next test will have Siri disabled on my watch. Previously, I*d have problems not involving the car with Siri trying to activate on multiple devices or picking the wrong one. But I just don*t get that many texts...
  14. G

2019 Floor Mats?

Carid has theirs updated.
  15. G

Switching to Sirius from CarPlay

Yesterday, while driving home, we wanted to switch off of Audible on CarPlay to Sirius. But while my husband was able to get off the CarPlay to the Sirius favorites display, we couldnt get it to actually start playing. Is there a trick to that, short of unplugging the phone from CarPlay...
Back