Recent content by fvansan

1. F

Value of 19" wheels

Also, learn how to check the date of manufacture of those tires. Many local places can't rotate out their inventory quickly enough like the big internet sites like tirerack.com. I stopped purchasing in my local tire stores for that reason. Tire rack seems to be able to really sell tires within...
  2. F

Value of 19" wheels

If you want 17" tires on a car that is made with 19", then go out and buy 17" rims and tires.
  3. F

Windshield polishing

Use no sand paper. There are products made specifically for windshields that removes scratches that can't be felt with your fingernail when dragged across it. I have used it and it was very effective. I.E. http://www.eastwood.com/pro-glass-polishing-kit.html It's effective but it can be...
  4. F

Ordering a car?

Yes, since it doesn't enter dealer inventory, the purchaser should save money on the bank interest in his Floor Plan. (The $ the dealer borrows to purchase inventory.)
  5. F

CX-5 bluetooth grayed out

This has happened multiple times. My cx-5 is no longer covered by warranty. With the battery disconnected, it is a good time to add distilled H2O to the battery as water evaporates in Nevada. Pain in the butt to do all the work to have my phone operate through the car's app. My TOMTOM is the...
  6. F

Can All US Dealers Order Mazda Moly Oil?

Call your local dealer. They probably have it in stock. Most times you can request it, for a price, at your oil change.
  7. F

Mazda Email Survey on Connected Services

Your are correct. You are special (to receive a survey).
  8. F

Poor gas mileage

Check your air filter if not replaced recently. Your getting the mileage most 2014 owners get with a lot of city driving.
  9. F

2013 CX-5 MT wearing out.

Get a second opinion from someone who has a good rep in your area. Perhaps there is a mechanic shop specializing in Japanese cars.
  10. F

Two week old CX 5 GT. Dead battery

Also, make sure one checks the fluid level. When I picked u My CX5, I discovered fluid levels were very low in the battery. A real good way to kill a battery. I got a replacement battery from Mazda, and it too was very lowon fluid and the dealer misinformed me n saying the technician checked the...
  11. F

Unlocking just the driver's door

I don't have a 2016, but on my cx5 the options for when to doors lock automatically is something one chooses in the Settings.
  12. F

Need help to self program a third key/remote from two working keys/remotes

I would have thought the purchase of a third key at closing on the car purchase would have included the programing. I think you got f...ed.
  13. F

Always use FACTORY tire pressures!

To get the car to respond quicker, tire manufacturers use softer rubber that improves grip but wears faster. Generally, the higher the mileage the manufacturer promises, the harder the rubber is. Hard rubber will make more noise when they wear down.
  14. F

What's the easiest way to determine a CX-5 has the Tech package?

Drive slow)under 17 mph) and try to hit somebody. If the car doesn't stop, you don't have the Tech Package. (mj)
  15. F

Two week old CX 5 GT. Dead battery

Check the battery to make sure there is sufficient water in the cells. When I got my 2014, the cells were almost dry and when I got the replacement battery, it too needed a lot of distilled water. Leaving those cells not filled up is a good way to kill a battery.
Back