Recent content by electronics4lif

1. E

Anyone else having problems with their heat shields?

Thank you for the post OP. My shield starting rattling about a week ago. Your trick with the vice grips was just what I needed. A few fender washers later, my shield is nice and quiet.
  2. E

How-To: Replace A Mazda5 Headlamp Bulb (Low Beam)

This thread helped make changing my low beams bearable. Everyone should definitely listen to the previous advice about trimming the long piece of metal that scrapes on the plastic and notching a flathead screwdriver to use as a tool. Thank you for the post.
  3. E

2012 mazda5 Shop manual

The link below is from an older thread. Hopefully it helps. http://www.mediafire.com/download/wgev1ww9dc1c27g/Mazda5_WM.zip. Another link that I found that has the manuals listed below is http://auto.webproxy.at/doku/Mazda5_WM/. WM = Workshop Manual TG = Tech Guide WD = Wiring Diagram
  4. E

HELP! Rear a/c vent not blowing air!!!!

I just had my rear vents act up for the first time on my 2010 Mazda 5. I had my wife cycle power from the rear while I nudged the actuator's white arm under the dash. Hopefully this does not turn into a reoccurring problem. I am going to have to try to remember to cycle the rear vents more often.
  5. E

2012 Mazda5 brake pad and brake rotor replacement

Thank you Orangutan for the write up! I referenced it when do my front rotor and pad replacement today. Since I live in the rust belt, I thought getting my rotors off would have been a complete pain. They actually weren't stuck on there too bad. I do recommend using a hub cleaning kit such...
  6. E

Shudder on braking - 2012 Mazda 5 sport

I have had brake shudder since 25k miles (currently have 30k on the car). It is a shame that either the factory pads or rotors are such junk on this vehicle. I have religiously lubricated my brake sliders, flushed brake fluid, and used a torque wrench on my lug nuts; but still got the shudder...
  7. E

Shudder on braking - 2012 Mazda 5 sport

I have my Centric high carbon rotors waiting and the Akebono Proact pads are on their way to me now. Why do you wish you had gotten more aggressive pads? Are the Akebono ProAct pads not as good as stock? I 'thought' the Akebono Proact pads were the way to go. I hope I do not regret that...
  8. E

What stroller do you use, and does it fit behind the 3rd row?

I have a Baby Jogger Citi Mini stroller. I only have one child, so it is rare I have to store it behind the 3rd row. The time I had all six seats filled, it DID fit behind the third row standing on its side. I do not remember if I removed two of the wheels to get it to fit or not (the wheels...
  9. E

2013 Mazda CX-5 achieves best in class MPG

I was really hoping the CX-5 was going to get the diesel engine option..
  10. E

Shift knob on a auto?

I had not actually tried my child's rear facing seat in a Honda fit. Maybe I would not like a fit as much as I thought.....lol
  11. E

Shift knob on a auto?

Off topic, what made you go from a Honda fit to the Mazda 5? I would love to have a Honda fit as my families 'small' car. The Mazda 5 is our 'big' car.
  12. E

Rhino Ramps

They work just fine without having to use a 2 x 6.
  13. E

Mazda5 jacking on side sills?

That is either a Mazda3 or MazdaSpeed3. Your Mazda5 should still have the larger bolts that are circled though. My 2010 Mazda5 does.
  14. E

Mazda5 jacking on side sills?

I like to use the jack points circled in red on the photo below. I got the photo from another site. I then place my jack stands on the factory jacking points. I did have to drive my car up on to a piece of 2x6 in order to get my jack to the jacking points. I use a hockey puck to keep from...
  15. E

Spare Key & Fob Programming for Mazda5

Since the generic transponder key was out of stock at Dealextreme.com, I ended up purchasing a transponder key from mykeyless-1 on ebay for $8.95. Here is a LINK to the key I purchased. My local hardware store cut the key for me. I programmed it using the instructions at the the beginning of...
Back