Recent content by dyingquail

1. D

Mazda CX-70 buying decision and timing

I'm not quite sure I want to go full EV, yet. There isn't much savings in California between gas and electric and I'm just not sure about road tripping although it's probably doable. In fact, the prudent financial play is a regular hybrid which I already have. But I don't keep 2 cars. A PHEV...
  2. D

What are your expectations for the CX-70?

Correct, but I've seen a couple of reviews of the CX-60 that questioned its quality. We'll have to wait and see. Any ideas on when the CX-90 review embargo is lifted?
  3. D

What are your expectations for the CX-70?

That, finally a vehicle that I want. PHEV HUD Head Room Crossover Goldilocks size Worries Mazda seats, re CX5 Lousy safety tech, particularly LKAS. I have a mind numbing commute. Can I live with the knob? Mazda just won’t let full touch happen..
  4. D

CX-50 Dimensional Specs

It won't have 34" of headroom unless Mazda wants to sell it to Hobbits. But this is a stubborn company, they still won't touch screen, and they have you sit in a pretty offbeat driving position. I hope they don't screw it up, the RAV PHEV in one of these would pretty much nail it, even if it...
  5. D

Poll Seriously considering the Mazda CX-50?

This is a very interesting vehicle, especially in hybrid or PHEV configuration. Hopefully, they don't use the CX-5 seats because that's about the only thing that would stop me from buying one.
  6. D

Disappointment and Frustration

I think the criticism here are mostly not too far off. This is probably the one area I most disagree with you on. Frankly, maybe it's me but it's good enough as is. I had no issues with it although I didn't test it the way you may have. I spun it in a parking lot and it was pretty much what...
  7. D

Seats Rehash

Yeah, I went through at least some of those. Thanks, was hoping for something new, but it is a old topic.
  8. D

Seats Rehash

Hi, I know this has been done before but has anyone adjusted to the seats or just adjusted them better? I was thinking about this with my 2015 and I never felt discomfort in the seats but I do remember it taking months to get it dialed in. The driving position is pretty vertical, almost chair...
  9. D

Some Questions about the Gen 2 CX-5

That looks about right. Most of that I don't care about, for instance, I like the captain's chairs because I'm not really buying a crossover for people moving, for me it's like a covered pickup. Those last 2 seats would always be down although the captain seats do make laying down all the...
  10. D

I can't speak to any changes, but what I felt in the signature is what I felt in the 2015. When I test drove a 2017 it felt more limited and controlled, maybe even more planted but not necessarily in a good way, more in the I'm not going to let you do that way. That probably doesn't make...
  11. D

The LKAS isn't a deal killer, probably because with the center armrest being what it is, both hands will be on the wheel. It's a car made for the wee-folk. I wonder how many 6'+ reviewers had to contort themselves in it to make it look like the headroom was fine? The comparison is a bit...
  12. D

I drove a Signature today. Interestingly everything you all say seems true. It drove like I remember, which was looser than the 2017 I test drove a few years ago. I liked it. Specifically, NVH massively improved. I get the turbo now. Makes it much easier to drive, no forcing it. The HUD is...
  13. D

Thanks for the replies. My Accord's HUD, does several things but the main things I like about it, are seeing the LKAS and traffic sign display. The LKAS, which I suspected worked poorly on Mazda's, is a negative as is the traffic sign display. The infotainment, is kind of a toss up. I have...
  14. D

Hi, Former 2015 owner who wants to confirm a couple of things about the newer models. I'm pretty sure I know the answers but still gonna ask. 1) LKAS: My understanding is that its more of a suggestion than a rule? I test drove a 2017, the 2015 was too noisy, and I barely noticed it. My...
  15. D

CX-5 vs. Subaru CrossTrek vs. RAV4 vs Nissan Rogue

Was writing a lot and too fast. The problem is the headroom, there just isn’t enough. The actual storage is fine, larger than any of the three finalists.
Back