Recent content by Dr_Watson

1. D

Pinging noise on cx5 diesel

You would be correct, the inject calibration does nothing to help the problem. Good luck finding the solution, the feedback from Mazda Europe is that this noise is normal and they will do nothing to try and resolve it.
  2. D

My Euro CX-5 GT-M

I live near Zrich, probably the most boring city in the world. CX5 cost $43'000, insurance (23 years driving, no claims) $1600, yearly service $500-$700 Health insurance for myself, wife and 2.5 year old daughter (non smoking) $9000 (state, not private and no dental included, I need to drive...
  3. D

Speed?

Ok, still not sure what you mean, the perception that Autobahns have no speed limit correct though. @Chris, sure, I live right next to LSZF so get a flight in a friends DA20 Katana every so often, very popular aircraft here! Otherwise, some Gliding when back in Scotland, and so far I have...
  4. D

Speed?

Modding in German is quite common, it's a very good forum, plenty speak English too (maybe you speak German?). 100mph is about the typical cruise speed for a many on the Autobahn, 50% of the traffic will pass you at this speed, the CX diesel handles it with ease, the roads are designed for...
  5. D

Speed?

Are you suggesting that in Germany it is rare to find an Autobahn without a speed limit?
  6. D

What surprised you about the CX-5 after you bought it?

And it comes down to racing on icy roads to see the comparison, which was the original point...far away from what the CX5 was designed for. It's like arguing a 458 is better than an Aventador because it has a bigger trunk. Your comments are true, I'm not saying otherwise, but the your comments...
  7. D

What surprised you about the CX-5 after you bought it?

If you are pushing wide, it's because you are going too fast for the conditions, your tires are crap or you aren't skilled enough in winter driving, not because you have a 2.5L and can't produce as much grip in a corner. Sure there are advantages to having a lighter front end, but they are...
  8. D

Wife hit a deer - 2016 CX-5

Can you not use your insurance, that's what its there for. I had damaged repaired after hitting a fox, was no hassle at all.
  9. D

How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

But it's not all about revs, you need the torque to hold the revs or a body with less drag. It's like going up a steep hill at 40mph in 6th with your foot flat down, the revs are low, but the economy would be worst than if you were in 3rd. Hence if you put 7 or 8 gears in, you would have your...
  10. D

The gearing is fine, I just notice a difference from the 150ps and I don't really see why they changed it. Acceleration is absolutely fine, it pulls well from 50mph in 5th or 6th. I really have never thought it needed a 7th gear, I cruise at over 70mph a lot, I set my cruise for 129 kph which...
  11. D

Welcome! I have owned the 150ps and now own the 175ps. Don't buy the 175ps because you want the higher power only, buy it if you want something that comes with that version ie. bigger alloys, leather etc. I find the engines are near enough identical, the gearing on the 175ps is much...
  12. D

Are Manual 2016's still offered???

Would love to have tried the 2.5L in MT. Car search is very simple here. 255 CX-5 for sale, 238 are AWD 71 MT 184 AT 119 petrol 34 are 2.5L 85 are 2.0L 136 diesels 48 150ps 87 175ps Within 200 miles of there are 45 with MT
  13. D

Consumer reports talks AWD

AWD can make a difference when starting from a stand still in snow, it can be quicker off the mark vs a FWD with winter tires and could get our out of a tricky spot if the rear tires have a bit better purchase on the surface than the front. Problem with FWD is if you don't get going in your...
  14. D

Pinging noise on cx5 diesel

Fingers crossed for you! My car is nowhere near as loud as it used to be. Either it has fixed itself, or it takes much longer for the noise to appear than before due to the colder weather. Normally I need to drive a good 20 mins and then I hear it. Yesterday it was still quiet after about 25...
  15. D

You should also consider the new HRV and the DS4 Crossback. Avoid the auto HRV though. The Crossback will have a nice turbo 1.6 petrol if you want to get away from diesel, it's auto only though but that might suit you. I can already configure the DS4 Crossback online, not sure if it's...
Back