Recent content by dodgerfan356

1. D

Guide 2016~2021 CX-9 DIY Transmission Fluid Drain and Fill + Filter Change

Just checked mine at 50 deg C and it was exactly on the low line (after having added back what I drained out). Added just under 0.25 quarts and I think it's just about right, so mine was borderline underfilled from the factory as well. I'm thinking about upgrading my 2016 to a 2023 CX-9...I...
  2. D

Thanks for posting those instructions! I'm still a bit iffy on checking the level with engine running without touching something that shouldn't be touched (fan, something hot, etc). Plus if reaching from above, the air box is in the way. Did you check from underneath? What's the best way to get...
  3. D

I'm not a mechanic either, so I could be wrong, but I think this would actually result in underfilling the transmission. The reason they require checking the dipstick with the engine running is that when the engine is off, more fluid drains back into the pan, so you actually get a higher...
  4. D

Rear pad wear surprise on a 2017 CX-9

Just replaced the rear pads on mine at 30,000 miles. Fronts still have ~50% left. I went with Raybestos EHT's off rockauto.com for only $15 a set! At that price, as long as they perform well enough, I won't mind them wearing out so quickly. I could buy 6 sets of the Raybestos for the price...
  5. D

2019 Oil Change - Fumoto Plug

I'm using the Fumoto F106N on both my Mazda6 and CX-9 (both 2016). The valve doesn't touch the cover at all. I tried the F106SX series at first, but it seemed too big and bulky to me so I swapped it for the F106N. I really like the N version as I can attach a plastic tube to the nipple and...
  6. D

2017 CX-9 Daytime Running Lights question

Actually for Sport and Touring, it should not look like the Google image. Only the GT and Signature have the LED ring DRL's. Note how on this one there is a silver ring where the LED ring is in the GT version. For Sport/Touring the DRL is just a barely dimmer version of the headlight. I have...
  7. D

2016 CX-9 Real World MPG

I've been tracking actual vs. dash indicated each tank (5 fillups so far) and it's been within 0.5 mpg each time (2%). Same with my Mazda6.
Back