Recent content by Doc Holliday

1. D

2017+ CX-5 AWD Differential Fluid Change

You rock! Thanks man... Much appreciated
  2. D

Great Reply... Thank You Much! I figured some of this out, but it's nice to have in one thread for future people that don't know... Thanks guys... Last question.. Is the ATF dipstick under the Engine Air Filter Housing?? 2016 CX-9 AWD... They couldn't find it and said it was a sealed unit...
  3. D

I have a 2016 CX-9 AWD... You guys think it's ok to mix in a Full synthetic like Motorcraft or mobil 1 75W-140 for the drain/fill instead of the Mazda hypoid gear oil SG1? I don't know what the SG1 is? 80w-90 or synthetic??? I'm in Texas where it gets pretty hot. I just don't want to mess...
  4. D

Spark plug change interval confusion

They are all gapped at .044 for the cx-5 on the NGK site... it just says 2.0 or 2.5L and all the plugs are the same on the NGK site... no matter what you choose for CX-5... Guess we have to just pay about $95 for four plugs.... That should cost around $35...
  5. D

Transmission fluid type

I bought My 2016 CX-9 AWD at 53k... I have almost 64k now... I'm going to do a ATF flush & a rear diff drain/fill.... For the ATF I'm a big fan of using the same thing that's in there if possible... So is it Idemitsu type M or the Mazda Fluid (0000-77-114E-01) T-IV/JWS-3309? How many quarts...
  6. D

The pre-gaps are different on the NGK site... CX-9 gap is .030 vs CX-5 is .044 ..... so there's that... I just thought if it was the same engine, but looks like they've tuned them differently if the gaps are different with different part numbers. I dunno... It's never really been that big of a...
  7. D

So can you use the same CX-5 plugs for the 2.5T engine in the CX-9??? I'm on the hunt for "normal priced" plugs to get this done...
  8. D

NGK Cross reference # for 2017 CX-9 Spark Plug

Spark Plugs (4) NGK 90288 or (NGK part no. DILKAR7M8) Coils (4) NGK 48895 or (NGK part no. U5279) Hope this helps.
Back