Recent content by Dliv

1. D

2013~2016 Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

First time visiting the forum in a while... I had to have my tensioner belt replaced on my 2016, back on 2/7/2020 at 45,624 miles. Total cost , at the Mazda dealer, was $377.00. The price for the part (PET2-15-980) was $214.00 . Don't know what the parameters for a recall are, but you think...
  2. D

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Thanks. I have a 6 month free premium subscription to Spotify, via my Samsung phone. Spotify does give you the most library options on Android auto, campared to Google play music or Amazon music.Oh well, I guess I'll have to start building my library in another streaming service
  3. D

Mazda Nav is so stupid sometimes

You have to select country, first, then the zip code, if you're navigating to another state. I had the same issue when I tried an out-of-state zip code for the first time
  4. D

For those of you who have a Samsung phone and have music downloaded to it..... The Samsung Music App has been added to Android Auto.
  5. D

I just got AA installed on my 2016 CX-5. I'm a little disappointed you can't search Artist or Albums in Google Play Music. Amazon Music Unlimited is even worse...you can't select playlist you created. I have a 3 month free subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited, but I won't be renewing it unless...
  6. D

What's the time estimate on how long it takes the dealer to install Android auto? Getting ready to take the plunge.
  7. D

Google Play Music won't play correct song

I have a 2016 CX- 5. When playing GPM through the Bluetooth in my car, I'll go to artist (in the infotainment) choose a song to play from that artist, but it will play a different song. For example...I'll go to artist/pick the Beatles/pick Twist & Shout, but it will play I Want to Hold Your...
  8. D

2014 CX-5: How to stop getting Gmail (but not SMS) notifications

Set up your gmail account on the generic mail app on your phone and you'll start receiving emails through the infotainment.
  9. D

New CX-5 2017 gas mileage at 17MPG city

Agree..I drive a short distance to work daily and my MPG is high teens mostly. Longer drives = better fuel economy.
  10. D

New android 7 problems on Infotainment

I have an Samsung S8 and have not had any issues with text or emails
  11. D

Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

I have no problem at all with Mazda's navigation. It's got me where I wanted to go every time I've used it, with out fail.
  12. D

No CD Player Available in new 2017 Mazda CX-5

Finally got around to ripping my CD collection and downloading them onto Google play music and a USB drive. I listen to music in my car through the USB drive. I found it to be more stable than listening to Google Play Music via the Bluetooth. I should have done it a year ago. I have access to...
  13. D

New android 7 problems on Infotainment

They're read aloud when the car is moving automatically (you don't have to set anything up) . The message will appear on the screen when the car comes to a stop.
  14. D

Cx5 2016 gps

Correct. I bought mine on Amazon (original Mazda part). Just make sure you purchase the correct one for the Mazda Connect Infotainment.
Back