Recent content by dldude

1. D

Odd metallic clanging on acceleration

Thank you, I will ask them about this (I'm at the dealer as I type this). The mazda service manager told me about the metal in the oil. Could they be lying? Maybe, but I guess you have to have some level of trust about that stuff at the dealer.
  2. D

Update: Carmax took the car for a price I couldn't refuse. Essentially only $4k less than I paid for it new 4yrs ago. Conveniently, my Mazda dealer had a 2018, damn near same model, with 30k miles (Half of mine) and the Cerified Pre Owned warranty on it for $27k. So I'm out a few thousand but...
  3. D

It hasn't expired. I'm at 57k and it's 60k
  4. D

Was able to get into a good mechanic today. He INSTANTLY said "It's dead". No going back now... hoping to get a reasonable trade in value
  5. D

This makes sense. I'm not really Blaming Mazda here, as I definitely should have stayed on top of the oil better. Only frustration is their lack of real diagnosis and offering only an engine replacement. Going to take it to a private garage to see about fixing the sound, which is the only real...
  6. D

Well, got back from the dealer this morning. Guy said the oil was low. When this problem first started I checked the oil (Which is damn near impossible in this car). Seemed like it might be low so I put about 2 Quarts of oil in there just to be safe, even though the oil light never came on nor...
  7. D

It does sound like sheet metal to me too in a lot of ways, though weird it ONLY goes with throttle. Seems directly connected to something in regards to that. Unfortunately I do not have a mechanic I trust. Came from a 100k mi Hyundai warranty to Mazda, so I've been under a warranty my adult...
  8. D

The clang only rises and falls when I'm on the gas, but it does seem to match engine speed. As soon as I let go of the gas it goes away. In fact, I can kind of "Make" it do this by pressing the gas and finding a sweet spot, which is what I did in the video while in Neutral. No sound at...
  9. D

They only charge the fee if it's NOT under warranty, but I/They don't really know that until they diagnose. I understand that, however the one guy I spoke to seemed a bit squirrely about what was covered when I asked about potential sources.
  10. D

Wow! I specifically asked about the tensioner (as I had read it was a potential source) and he said that nor any belts were covered. I called him out and asked if my Powertrain would function without the tensioner and he said "no". Definitely full of it. Hopefully it doesn't end up a fight.
  11. D

Hey all, I've got a 2017 CX-5 Touring. It's at 55k miles and just last weekend I began to hear this noise: Streamable Video This video is at a stop and I'm revving the engine ever so slightly. It seems directly connected to the accelerator pedal. When I'm driving full speed (Let's say 50mph)...
  12. D

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Hey, looking to possibly have Android Auto installed on my 2017, do you know if they fixed the issue where the music/podcasts don't pause in the background during a phone call? I listen to a LOT of podcasts and it would be a dealbreaker if I lost my place everytime someone called
  13. D

Autolock not always locking

I won't, and never will buy this excuse. It's sold as "Walk-Away Lock". The concept is, get out of your car and the doors lock without you having to push the button. It's not a functioning feature if I have to pay attention to whether it worked or not, and then use the lock button if it doesn't...
  14. D

Autolock not always locking

Glad other people have the same issues I have. Mine is about 1-10 times it doesn't work, which isn't good when 10/10 nights someone is checking my door handles to see if my car is unlocked (I park on an urban street). Had all my stuff stolen last week. Just can't understand why there are so...
  15. D

Walk-Away Locking.. faulty or normal?

Need a better explanation of 'that move'. I get out, and close the door with my right hand as I'm walking away from my car. All in one motion. Still defies logic to me that that alone prevents a system, whose purpose is to lock the door when you're away from the car, from working. If i'm gone...
Back