Recent content by DieselTorque

1. D

Bell license plate frame from Wal-Mart matches Soul Red

Thanks for posting the link. I looked on their website when I made the post and could not find it.
  2. D

Bell license plate frame from Wal-Mart matches Soul Red

I recently went to Wally World and found a license plate frame for my Soul Red CX-5. I bought it not knowing if the color would be close. It looks like it was made for the car. An almost perfect match. I think it was just under $10. It's a Bell brand "Dealer Slim Red" and was in the...
  3. D

Must have CX-5 Tools and Items

I was just going to try changing sides of the bracket on the hood side of the strut (switching left to right side- they aren't labeled). The mount is a little offset. It won't add much (if any) height, but I may consider it.
  4. D

Must have CX-5 Tools and Items

I bought the hood struts from Amazon and like them. Crazy that it didn't come with any instructions. I did watch the video and that helped. And used the Loctite. I may switch the sides on where it attaches to the hood for a little more clearance. I think the hood needs to open higher even...
  5. D

What Kind Of Wood?

It's the most fake looking real wood I've ever seen. (cabpatch)
  6. D

Diesel CX5 has landed in the USA

Signature Diesel $42,345 168 hp, 290 torque, 27/30 mpg. Grand Touring FWD $31,350 187 hp, 186 torque, 25/31 mpg. That's a bunch of $$ for some torque (and a bunch of features a diesel driver may not want). Good luck Mazda.
  7. D

2017~2024 Cargo cover (Tonneau cover) review

I find it ridiculous that the cargo cover is not a standard item on the GT and up models. Glad to see there are other options.
  8. D

Love My New 2019 CX-5 Touring...Except for the Seats

Do you guys remove your wallet while driving? Not saying it will fix the issue, but it helps me.
  9. D

2013~2016 HVAC comes on full blast, but controls are off 2016 CX-5 Touring - analog

Anyone ever had the HVAC system off and driving down the road, system comes on full blast A/C? It happens about once a week. If I touch the controls, it shuts off. It's analog, not auto climate control. If I don't touch anything, it eventually turns back off after about 20-30 seconds. I...
  10. D

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just purchased 2016 CX-5 Touring AWD w/Tech package and wheel locks -Blue Reflex. MSRP 30155. Dealer discounted 1445. I used 500 loyalty for total discount of 1945. Doc fees were $489. Got several dealers to quote similar car. Got MSRP quote and some quotes discounting 400-800 (without my...
Back