Recent content by Dermochelys

1. D

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Thanks for all the feedback. If I end up needing a new set, I'll probably get them at my local America's Tire (aka Discount Tire elsewhere in the USA). I have gotten tires at Costco for years, but my local America's Tire has always treated me right and Costco customer service has been terrible...
  2. Tires.jpg

Tires.jpg

3. D

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

I managed to pick-up the littlest tiny nail on my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD and of course it's borderline on if it'll be in the "repairable" area. Doing my best to research tires (the factory stock Toyo's only have 25,000 mi on them). As you can tell, I don't drive too much (600ish miles per month)...
  4. D

Warranty Ending and Annoying Brake Issues / Noises

@yrwi52 I brought in both of those TSBs, but the dealership couldn't find any evidence of the excessive wear on the pads, and couldn't reproduce the noises that I had been hearing. I wasn't surprised by that because it was always intermittent. I still have another month and half on my...
  5. D

Just a quick update on this issue to close out the thread. I took the car to the shop and they inspected the brakes. They couldn't find any indication of a caliper sticking, but they did note that the brakes / rotors were "extremely dusty". The compound in the OEM pads must be very soft, the...
  6. D

Gauge Incorrect!

@sm1ke On my CX-5 it looks just like the image you shared...no confusion there! 😜
  7. 1583343313643.png

1583343313643.png

8. D

Gauge Incorrect!

@stickerbush Sorry, yeah this is in the USA (driver on left, fuel door on left). Sorry I can't seem to get the photo to rotate, but in this case it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Anyway, funny how we look at this and see two different things. To me it's an arrow that looks like this...
  9. 0303201751.jpg

0303201751.jpg

10. D

Gauge Incorrect!

So, while my CX-5 is in the shop for service the dealership gave me a Mazda 3 hatchback as a loaner. Whenever I get a rental car, I always look at the little arrow near the fuel gauge so I know which side of the car the fuel door is on (which is why it's there). But low and behold, someone at...
  11. D

Question on AA Upgrade for 2016.5

My understanding is that my 2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD might be able to have the Android Auto software upgrade from a dealership. I was just wondering, I currently have all my music on an old 3Gen IPod Nano plugged into the USB. If I go ahead with the AA upgrade and I'm using my phone for...
  12. D

Thanks RedBaron...P.S. My CX-5 is also red! 😁
  13. D

I have a 2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT I purchased in April 2017 and the warranty is about to expire. When I first got the car, I had it in the shop 3 or 4 times trying to fix a squeaking noise that would occur when rolling forward slowly (foot off the gas and off the brake). That never really got...
  14. D

Intermittent Squeek/Chirp like noise from rear when accelerating

Something similar happened with my 2016.5 recently. Though I had a chirp when taking my foot off the brake but before hitting the gas, and another chirp when applying the brake again. Not sure if it's the same issue, but I was referred to TSB 04-004/17...however, when I looked this number up I...
  15. D

2016 Constant squeaking brakes

A quick update on my situation. As a reminder, my car had the squeak at low speeds when my foot was off the brake and gas pedal, just coasting, and I was told it was a rock stuck in the wheel. Well the squeak was back within a day and I had not gone off pavement since the rock was removed...