Recent content by Defender

1. Defender

My GPS Navigation Update Adventure (2017 CX-5 GT)

After seeing a post that the December 2023 Navigation update was available, I began the process by first retrieving the SD Card from my 2017 CX 5 GT. I turned on my laptop looked for, and subsequently updated the Mazda Toolbox, when a message box appeared to insert the GPS SD Card. But lo and...
  2. Defender

Windshield replacement question (2020 CX-5 GT)

This whole glass replacement screen has turned in to quite an adventure. So, yesterday I ran the car once again through the wash hoping for no more leaks after the re-install. On that score it passed the test. However, on the passenger side of the windshield, I noticed a small scratch on the...
  3. Defender

Apparently everything does not appear to be performing well. After replacement of windscreen (OEM) about 10 days ago, I ran the vehicle through a carwash yesterday. Near the end of the wash and during the final rinse before dry, the windshield sprung a leak from the top. I took it to Safelite...
  4. Defender

I decided to go OEM. Safelite Autoglass did the install. Took them a little more than an hour including recalibration. It looks perfect. Tested the calibration (lane assist, emergency brake, OHD) and everything appears to be performing well. Cost out of pocket was about $411.
  5. Defender

Hello, Perhaps my question is already answered on this thread, but pardon me if I persist. A couple of days ago, I noticed a crack on my windshield (2017 GT). I stopped by Safelite on my way to an appointment. They said my windshield looked like it was hit by a small rock. And in the process of...
  6. Defender

Marvel vs Techron

Hello, I’m the happy owner of a 2017 CX-5 GT with 24700 miles on the gauge. I typically fill the fuel tank with Top Tier Mobil 89 Octane. On the last “near fill up” the pump at the station was erratically slow taking almost 10 minutes to add a gallon. I went to another pump and same problem. No...
  7. Defender

Replace rear brake pads and Rotors @40,000 Miles?

I recently moved from Eastern Massachusetts (18 miles from Boston) to the Western part of the state (Note: Giving up free every other oil change as part of the purchase agreement with the dealership I purchased the vehicle). I had scratched my front bumper and got it repaired. The body shop...
  8. Defender

Rodents eating wiring in cars. Does Mazda have this problem?

A few years ago while visiting overseas, my relatives had a Volkswagen and a Toyota parked side-by-side in the garage. Mice regularly chewed on the wires under the hood of the Toyota at great expense, but interestingly left the VW alone. They finally got rid of the problem, by placing a few...
  9. Defender

Bumper protector - 1 year later...

After seeing the original post and pictures regarding this bumper guard, I made the plunge and installed the same item on my 2017 GT. And I can attest it has stood the test of time (so far 9 months) through late summer and now this past winter here in the North-East. A product I would recommend.
  10. Defender

Undercarriage Rust

Say for instance - 7 years. Unless I get tempted to purchase something else sooner.
  11. Defender

Undercarriage Rust

Thanks for your reply. Best car I ever owned after a string of Toyotas starting with the Tercel.
  12. Defender

Undercarriage Rust

Recently I had taken my 2017 GT for a routine oil change and maintenance at 15700 miles to the dealership. While waiting for completion of service, the tech sent me a video text showing and declaring all looked well under the car. However, I noticed several rust spots (see attached pic). I live...
  13. 2017 CX5 Undercarriage.jpg

2017 CX5 Undercarriage.jpg

14. Defender

2013 CX-5 GT Dead and won't jump

If you live in sub-freezing weather, an engine block heater may help. Unless you park outdoors and not close to an electric outlet.
  15. Defender

SD Navi Card Question

I recently updated my NAV card (Maps). However, my three years of free updates expires end of November for my 2017 GT. I will have to pay for my next update some time in 2021. Could anyone tell me what the average cost for the next and subsequent updates may be in the US. Thanks.
Back