Recent content by DeeJayP

1. D

2009 Mazda CX 9 Engine & Transmission (Torque Converter Solenoid, Shifting Solenoid)

Hello Forum. I probe around and read at times but usually don't post. I have some questions about my Engine and Transmission. I know there are 2 different engine codes for the 3.7 V6 engine. What is the difference between the engines with code A & V? Where is the TCC Solenoid (Torque Converter...
  2. D

Brakes fade after driving a distance

Interesting that this is a current discussion. I just replaced the rear brake shoes on my 2000 Protege 1.6 DX non ABS. Found the RR wheel cylinder leaking so I replaced it. I tried to bleed that wheel cylinder, using the old world method of having someone pump the brakes. Had to perform...
  3. D

2000 1.6 DX Alignment

I have my protege lowered with Eibach Pro Springs and the struts are replaced with Tokico Blues. The wheels are the stock 14's with BFG Traction TA. Quite pleased with the tires actually. I also have adjustable swaybar endlinks on the front. All have been on since August 2006. I have...
  4. D

2000 Protege DX Suspension

Handles Great-Do It! Well, I had it aligned. They said I didn't need the offset bolts. Visually, the back looks like it has too much negative camber but it handles fantastic at all speeds. I do a lot of highway driving and this thing is tight. 25MPH on/off ramps at 50MPH now. Just need...
  5. D

2000 Protege DX Suspension

Just installed Eibach Pro Kit with Tokico Blues. Getting ready to have it aligned. Question, are the offset alignment bolts really required for alignment to be correct? I have the Eibach set for the front. Do I need a set for the back? I think I saw some by Intralox and maybe Ingal.
Back