Recent content by DeanSweet

1. D

all cleaned up ii

Friend of mine lives in a really old house and has had this motorcycle sitting in the underground garage for almost six years. I was asked to pick it up and get it back on the road. Pulled and cleaned out tank, rebuilt carb, rebuilt the petcock, changed the primary gasket, spark plugs, replaced...
  2. D

Bubbles in tint

3M sells a product that will dissolve the adhesive and you simply scrape off with rubber blade? But the caveat is, you need to clear the layer of plastic 1st? Some tint shops will do this for you as well, for a fee... call around.
  3. D

2011 Mazda2 hits dealerships this July, priced from $14,730

"$14,730"?!?!?!" holy molys!!! I was hoping it would start in the $12k's.... Crazy.
  4. D

What have you done to your P5 today?

Sold mine, no more Protege5 for me.
  5. D

WTB: Protege5 Trailer Hitch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-2003-Mazda-Protege5-Sport-Trailer-Hitch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9a7a6c52QQitemZ320419294290QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  6. D

Leaky Valve Cover

I've been told the FSDE is non-interference motor but that doesn't mean other things don't go bad because of the belt failure?
  7. D

found out that my optima red top is dead... should I go with yellow top this time?
  8. D

Anyone in CT good with car electronics?

wow, Redline322 was dead on the problem and explained how to verify very well. Impressed. What did we do before the internet...
  9. D

Midwest Mazdafest 2010

Last year they had a list of what time things start+end. I will keep my eye on the page and when they post it I will put it out here as well. It started around 9-10a, counting the votes for awards was over-with by noon'ish, then awards around 3p?
  10. D

Midwest Mazdafest 2010

I'm in. Now to organize some people to ride out with?! :)
  11. D

Midwest Mazdafest 2010

Haven't done much to my car since last year... see how many other people want to drive out for the day from Cincinnati. and try not to be in the emergency room the night before with a shattered ankle this time?
  12. D

Best mod for $100

i'm with speedracer on this one... there is not a time I get in to my car and not look at the DaveB rings and think that this was the best mod I have done to my P5. They look fantastic. The dealer still comments on them and its been close to 5 years?
  13. D

P5 OBD-II Reader - which one?

?!?! that's a 1st for me, never heard that? Cheapest code reader w/o eBay worries is at Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98568 They get twice a week 10, 15 or 20% off coupons if you sign-up.
  14. D

New problem - grinding noise front wheels

Sure they put the correct belts on? tensioned correctly? Usually bearing noise is audible at lower speeds, not 30-35mph? Lift the side of the car the noise is coming from and spin the wheel and see how mch play is in it?
  15. D

I actually drove the p5 to work! Man I love driving this car... :)
Back