Recent content by ddibiase

1. D

Spotify

Yes, I have done both of those things. The issue is specific to the Mazda - my others cars with BT connection shuffle play normally, through my entire playlist. In the CX-5, whatever song happens to be playing, Spotify will only shuffle through that particular album. After Googling this, I read...
  2. D

Spotify

Maybe this is posted somewhere else - but my 2014 CX-5 won't shuffle play on Spotify (iPhone 6S, iOS 12.1.2). I've read that this is an issue with the older headunit in the CX-5 - is this true? Any workarounds?
  3. D

Need help! CX-5 not stable on highway

3 years and 70k miles later, I still have no complaints about the stability of the CX-5. We do have the 19' wheels and tires of the Grand Touring package, so, as someone noted, perhaps an upgrade to those might help.
  4. D

Key Fob Intermittant Issue

I actually switched fobs with my wife, didn't want her to be stuck somewhere. But I try starting the car every morning before she leaves with the 'bad' fob, just to see if I can replicate it... Dan D
  5. D

Not sure where it was when my wife tried to start the car, but it was in my hand when I tried. Don't recall seeing the 'red' key symbol on the dash - my recollection was that there was nothing lit up on the dash, which was strange as I had the door opened when I was trying to start it.... Dan
  6. D

I haven't I've only had the car 3 months so I wouldn't think it would be dead - especially since it has only happened twice. But I forgot about the 'hold the fob to the start button' deal - I DID read that in the manual (Nodnerb ;-). I will try that if it happens again. Dan D
  7. D

I think I must have seen a 2014.5 CX-5 today, no more gated shifter :)

I actually like the gated shifter but wish they had decorated it a bit, with maybe the Mazda emblem on top and a chrome ring around the base, like the new one. And I am very happy with the performance of the transmission overall. All of our other cars (6 others, including my 3 kid's cars and my...
  8. D

So this has happened twice - the key fob on my wife's key ring won't start the car. Fortunately, both times were in our driveway, and my key fob worked fine. Will have it checked out when I bring it in for 7,500 mile service in a few weeks. In the meantime, we switched fobs. Nothing strange on...
  9. D

2014 CX5 GT "Miami Heat" dealer edition.

Nice! Not a big fan of black wheels but the package looks great. Glad they left the 'mustache' in the front in chrome, sets off the black nicely..... Dan D
  10. D

2014 Mazda CX-5?

I actually like the engine sound. Only wind noise complaint I have is with the cross-bars and when the sunroof is open. Probably because I have the cross-bars spread apart versus together at the rear to maybe minimize it... Dan D
  11. D

Hearing a clicking sound at the front left of the car

Not necessarily - during a right turn, you'd be more likely to hear it as the back of the tire is outside the wheel well so you'd be more likely to hear a stone in the treads than if you were going straight or turning to the left. Dan D
  12. D

Thinking of buying a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring... but scared of bad comments

Sylvia, I've had no issues with the CX-5 screen, it's very visible. I don't have nav but don't think it would be any different. Dan D
  13. D

Interior Cleaning

Oh I don't know, I stopped using AA on interior surfaces years ago, I found it turned black surfaces brownish over time.... Dan D
  14. D

Thinking of buying a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring... but scared of bad comments

Sylvia, good choice.... Before buying our CX-5, we drove the Escape, CR-V, RAV4 and Forester extensively, several times each. The RAV4 was surprisingly nice, but the main thing that kept me from buying it was the lack of leather seat availability. I didn't want to pony up for the top line model...
  15. D

Interior Cleaning

Did a little searching but could not see a specific thread for this topic..... I'm looking to see what others are using to clean the rubbery dash and the display screen on the audio system. Lots of dust collecting on the former and fingerprints on the latter..... The dash especially seems like a...
Back