Recent content by davenoh

1. D

Car Play and Android Auto GENUINE Mazda.

I did the infotainment upgrade to my 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. It was really easy - about a 4 on a 1-10 scale of difficulty. I ordered the car kit from Mastria Parts on Amazon. The cost was $154.99. "Mazda Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Retrofit Kit 0000-8F-Z34, TK78-66-9U0C". These guys are...
  2. D

USB Cable

I installed the hub this past weekend. After installing the new USB "hub", I drilled a hole in the bottom of the armrest cubby near one of the lower mounting tabs and ran a USB cable from the hub under the drink holder and forward and brought it up at the front corner of rubber flat area ahead...
  3. D

Tire Pressure Monitoring on a 2016

(huh) You seem to be missing the question - it is "is there a pressure sensor, or not". I'm guessing not, and it's not a huge deal for me either way, but thought I'd throw it out there.
  4. D

Dealer Recomended Maintenance 75K Miles - Worth it? What to do first? Cost?

Because their prices and practices are outrageous? This is why forums are such a great place. You can get a wide variety of opinions. IMHO - I'd much rather replace a battery early rather than waiting until it fails and I'm inconvenienced, or worse have to pay for someone to come jump start...
  5. D

Check your owner's manual for recommended service intervals. That will give you a good guideline for each of the service items. Service intervals vary based on operating conditions and your specific car condition. Look at the spec on the battery and price it elsewhere. It actually seems a...
  6. D

Cosmetic Mods Mazda 6

Thx. I thought about plastidipping it, but I want to do it permanently. SEM seems to make a few different products to prime and paint plastic. I'm thinking of using that for the emblems and front/rear accent strips if I can't find black ones at a reasonable price. I may try my hand at vinyl...
  7. D

Yep. But that doesn't answer the question on whether there is a pressure sensor or it utilizes the ABS sensors. The ABS sensor method works by measuring the tire rotations per minute. If air pressure changes, the number or RPM of the wheel will change and provide an alert.
  8. D

I'll take the counterpoint on this one. Those prices seem really obscene if that is really what they cost is for those specific items. $252 for 4 spark plugs? That's crazy, as is $198 for "fuel system cleaner". A cabin air filter for $40?!! The filter is less than $15 and this youtube...
  9. D

USB Cable

Thanks for that thought. I'll be installing the new hardware this weekend, hopefully. Running a USB cable from the armrest of my Mazda 6 to the little cubby in front of the shifter will make it easier to lay the phone up there without having the cable snaking across the console.
  10. D

Black Emblems

I'm planning to do badge replacements. Do the Mazda 6 and Skyactiv badge just glue on? Did you just order them from one of the online dealer parts suppliers?
  11. D

Cosmetic Mods Mazda 6

I do like the look. How did you go about plastidipping? (If you're really not banned).
  12. D

Can someone please confirm the 2016 Mazda6 uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to indirectly monitor tire pressure? I'm planning to have the wheels powder coated and may remove the tires myself. I don't want to damage the TPMS modules if they exist. From the owner's manual and looks of the valve...
  13. D

I have a really weird issue

Did you get this solved? I was guessing a bad CV joint.
  14. D

OEM 19" rims from 2018 Mazda CX-5

thx, but I was thinking about buying a second set to get powder coated and put summer tires on them, and keep my current set for some winter tires.
  15. D

OEM 19" rims from 2018 Mazda CX-5

Thx. After thinking about it more, I'm probably just better off getting mine powder coated here locally.
Back