Recent content by CyBrian

1. C

08 map lights won't work when set on "door"

I am finding a lot of these threads talking about this issue but find none where they reply with the fix or any part number. I have an 08 and the map switch will turn on the lights when switch is on, but they will not come on when set to door and any or all doors open will not turn the lights...
  2. C

DVD, Navigation, Remote Start and Homelink problem....... Related?

It's funny going back and reading this thread I started and what I've figured out about the car since I posted. The Navigation buttons grayed out I figured out first because of the great help in responses in this thread. The DVD player issue I figured out on my own. It is not a OEM DVD player...
  3. C

I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense. Thanks a ton for helping me with one of my issues. Now hoping the other ones come together like that. Thanks again.
  4. C

I bought the car back in November and know the navigation worked before so this intermittent grayed out buttons I know is a works sometimes, not others, but the other ones have never worked that I know of. I will try the unhook the battery to see if that helps.
  5. C

We bought a 2008 CX-9 Gran Touring back in late November and love it except for having to replace the transmission and transfer case a moth after we bought it......(pissed) But I digress. This isn't about that part. That is fixed I have 4 issues I am having troubles with with various...
  6. C

240,000 mile Tranny Testmonial

I agree totally with this along with flushing the brake system and a few other scams dealerships try to push off on us. There are a lot of unneeded service that is "required" that is a joke. And S197GT, I have a friend(certified GM mechanic) who doesn't always think flushes will damage the...
  7. C

Transfer-case SB-03-005/11

By the way, I still haven't had the leaking transmission replaced because of whatever issues Aamco is having. I guess it is not a huge issue because the transmission is performing as it should but still leaking,,,, which I absolutely hate,,,,, but have put up with. I finally called them and...
  8. C

Now that blows me away. I would have bet $100 that when those splines got sheared off that it would have sounded like crushing ball bearings and there was no way you wouldn't have known something seriously went wrong with your car when it happened. I figured the cat that got rid of his car...
  9. C

Media button Aux in not working

I have a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring with the DVD player in the back. When I go through the directions in the manual to make the DVD audio go through the car speakers, it says I need to hit the media button and select something so it will go out through the speakers. WHenever I hit the media...
  10. C

Well it could be worse fellow CX9 owners...... Here is my story. After 14 years of driving minivans with small kids, my wife decided we needed to upgrade to a crossover. I wanted the biggest bang for the buck so I sold my Honda minivan(that had no problems) and had a buddy with his auto...