Recent content by csdstudio78

1. C

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and Mazda6 models

lol. Such is life. Individually, we're but a small, insignificant variable in a large equation of risk.
  2. C

That's a good point as well. I thought about something else, this missing rocker arm would only lead to starvation of air, aka rich, not a lean condition. There's no chance for engine damage with a stuck valve so there's no further risk for Mazda ignoring the permanently closed valve. But if...
  3. C

I'd wager that 95% of the population doesn't even know what the tachometer is showing, let alone understand what RPM is or what's required to have the engine go into limp mode. They'd know what "floor it until you're scared" means, but that's about it. When we purchased our new Cx5 no one...
  4. C

Did you have the rocker issue recall work done? Post your experience here

I'll be under the assumption that a simple rev and hold at 5k rpm will prove nothing. The rocker arm that's falling off is intended to open the second intake valve on one cylinder. It's been said that the engine runs great even on one valve, so a specific set of events must occur to really upset...
Back