Recent content by CrouchingTaco

1. C

Lee's Utility VIP (If I can pull it off)

Thanks for the tips! I'm equally as if not more excited about it. Haha the black interior trim is a good idea! I'll pick up some spares at the junk yard and try em out so I can test without committing. As for that half-leather interior, I am very interested. You wouldn't happen to have any...
  2. C

Reserved for Pics
  3. C

Hey guys. Got this car after I destroyed my Accord and decided to shy away from the Honda scene. After blowing up two motors, I think it was time to quit and not put more money into a lost cause. So instead, I went with the oh-so-lovely 4D hatchback that Mazda graced us with, the Protege5...
  4. C

Goodbye Mazda family

Holy crap, so is that RDX basically a turbo CR-V with all the luxury stuff? Cause that's freaking awesome! Haha
  5. C

Water-related sputters

It worked! I took the plug off the IAC and it didn't look corroded or wet. But I put some WD on the connector and the plug off the valve just in case. (WD-40 makes a great contact cleaner and short term dialectic) turned her on and boom! No more idle issues. Thanks for the tips!
  6. C

What have you done to your P5 today?

Washed the car yesterday, and tried to get some OEM roof racks. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research and tried to take the racks off from the top. Three hours later, I had em off but in multiple pieces. Oh well. I still have the cross bars intact, but the rails I'm gonna have to scoop up...
  7. C

Water-related sputters

Hmm... I didn't disconnect it beforehand, but I think I'll try doing that, see if it just needs to relearn now that it's clean for whatever reason. Lol wish me luck! We'll know in the AM
  8. C

Water-related sputters

Welp. New wires/boots and new plugs since I'd been planning on doing it anyway. However, the problem is persisting. It's almost like a vacuum leak where it surges down from 750RPM then kicks up to 2k to recover before idling back down. Then it starts all over again. But the strangest thing is it...
  9. C

Water-related sputters

Cool! I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks!
  10. C

Water-related sputters

Hey folks Gave Diana her first good clean since I got her yesterday at the local "Wash-all-you-want" including a good clean of her engine bay. Ended up turning out really nice to my pleasant surprise as all the dirt blew right off with a little encouragement from soap and a light pressure...
  11. C

Headlight Customization Ideas

Cool! Thanks for the vote of confidence boiz. Gonna wait for some money to build up, then I'll have a step by step put together and ready to post, assuming our combined powers of assumption are right. Lol if not, I'll make sure to tell ya
  12. C

Headlight Customization Ideas

Hey guys, got my first Mazda a week ago. So glad I decided to go with a 2003 5speed P5! But there's a wee problem I'd like to address. 16y/o headlight lenses are fogged and ugly. Did some PlastX on em, but of course that only helps so much. I know there's always the option to swap out for some...
  13. C

Thanks for the tip! I'll download it and give it a shot! As promised, here's the pics. Still gotta find a name for her, but I'm loving her anyway even without it.
  14. C

Hey guys! Just got my first P5 on Friday and I'm loving her! Trying to get a couple things finished up to pass emissions tests (cause previous owner didn't need to and let little issues go). But while I'm waiting for parts, I decided to give her a light wash today. Did a little buffing with...
Back