Recent content by cougar10agREDUX

1. C

Built 2003 Protege ES Turbo, clean title. Needs work!

Thanks man.... I'm still on the fence, if I come across a built transmission for a good price before I sell I'm going to take down the for sale.
  2. C

I'm estimating 325 - 350 being conservative. I was running 22lbs for a while until I broke 3rd. Then turned it down to 18. The cams really open that engine up. I set the rev limiter to 8,000rpm because it still pulls hard up top.
  3. C

I know, I'm all emotional. It's been a long glorious road. And I never did get a final dyno sheet :(
  4. C

Serious buyers only, I'm giving you guys a chance before it goes up on craigslist. I'm asking $8,000, cash talks. I will not ship this car. It must be picked up in person, or at least looked at in person. I can get a trailer and drive a short distance for drop off or a transfer. Well it's been...
  5. C

OEM Protege Alarm

I'll take it. my top of the line Clifford died.
  6. C

Part of my plastic dipstick is floating around in my oil pan. Dangerous?

anything floating around in an engine is potentially dangerous. nothing should be left in an engine that isn't designed to be there... yes the oil pickup has a screen to prevent stuff from the pan going through the pump, but like all filters it can clog. plastic can do just as much damage as...
  7. C

does any one have pics of how to remove oil pan upper block?

I've been told you can drill holes on the flat parts on the bottom of the trans, use a long 1/4 extension to get the bolts... when you put it back together ensure you clean and rtv the flat spots around the bolt holes for the inner pairs of bolts closest to the trans. if not they will leak...
  8. C

Help With wiring harness! Cant find where these leads go

4 is knock sensor.goes down under the manifold
  9. C

Megasquirt 2 EMS Guide for FS-DE 98+

the megasquirt will definitely be a good choice. the easiest install is to just do a parrallel install. you have all the benefits of a standalone, and the stock ECU to control the dash, alternator, a/c
  10. C

you also have no chance of passing emissions without the stock computer, if you're registered in an emissions county.
  11. C

that's a lot of work. and I'm pretty sure the vss in the trans goes to the ECU as well, I'm not certain. just keep the stock ECU. all you need an ms for is fuel and ignition, and idle if you want to adjust that.
  12. C

then you will need a programable race dash like a stack
  13. C

run a parrallel setup with stock ECU to keep everything working.
  14. C

Garage Sale! FTC, LSD's, Cam gears, J&S, B&M + more

And again, I thank all buyers for their purchases from me. here is what you all have funded for me, from one toy to another. still not done, waiting on some back ordered stuff. and saving up for an EOTech, or possibly an ACOG. my years in the military using high dollar equipment have spoiled...
  15. C

Garage Sale! FTC, LSD's, Cam gears, J&S, B&M + more

Quaife is sold and shipped.. there's still some good stuff available. no one wants a new knocklite? $20 off MSRP with shipping included.
Back