Recent content by concept

1. concept

Where did you get best price for Mazda Extended Confidence / Warranty?

Yes, just like buying flood insurance for desert property when data for the last 40 years shows that your chance of recuperating the insurance money on warranty claims is 0.00001% It IS your money, of course, but that doesn't mean your circumstances given the data are sensible/wise/rational.
  2. concept

Mazda3 2.5T Poll: Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

I do agree with this when it comes to the hatch, but have you ever come across someone who thinks the sedan is ugly?
  3. concept

Where did you get best price for Mazda Extended Confidence / Warranty?

Getting an extended warranty for a Mazda is like getting earthquake insurance when you live in Connecticut. Do people do it? Yes. Does it make any sense when you look at probability data? Nope!
  4. concept

Why the stigma around Mazda?

Even if you're just doing your job, having the right assembly tools, fixtures, and highly reliable parts can greatly minimize variances. The Toyota Camry that is made in Kentucky is extremely reliable.
  5. concept

2016~2021 Battery drain in 2020 Mazdas

That's the risk you take while your car is still under warranty. I had my OEM shocks and springs replaced during the warranty period, and knew that if there were a suspension issue, the dealership would probably treat it as you were treated - no can do. I have heard this response after calling...
  6. concept

Show Me Your Wheels

Of these, I would choose Continental, although Pirelli tires are also great tires for the money.
  7. concept

Rumor: Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

I wonder why there is no aero pack for the sedan?
  8. concept

Weird noise from 2020 Mazda3 AWD while coasting at low speed

It's under warranty, correct? Have you taken it in to the dealership, yet? I agree that the noise isn't normal.
  9. concept

Good. It looks like you are well prepared.(y)
  10. concept

So if a part (like a relay) lasts a certain length of time and then starts pulling enough current to drain a battery is replaced, what makes anyone think the results will be different. 1. Is the replacement part an updated version? If not, what's the workaround until the part itself is updated...
  11. concept

Mazda3 2.5T Poll: Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

Antoine, I see a few people saying that the current design of Mazda 3s is ugly but are we to assume that ONLY the hatch will get the turbo? I would think that because it is not a Mazdaspeed, the sedan will benefit as well. And really, who would have such distorted vision to call the sedan ugly...
  12. concept

Brought My Mazda6 to a Porsche Meet!

I just rented a $130,000 2020 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet for a day. It is an amazing car with excellent seats and lots of power with its twin-turbo six and about 446 HP. I do like the Nav in my 3 better, however. Of the cars I've rented within the last year, this one is second-fastest. The fastest...
  13. concept

Auto lock issues...Help

I noticed that once in a while when my wife was waiting in the car while I used the ATM, I would leave the fob on the driver's seat, and when I came back the door was locked. It doesn't happen all the time but it's a good thing that someone was in the car. Thus, the only time I leave the key...
  14. concept

2007 Mazda3 2.3L Electrical Issues

If the battery is less than 4 years old, you should attempt to fully charge it. If it cannot reach full charge, it is likely no good. Alternators rarely fail, so unless the battery fully charges, yet that charge won't last after a few days of typical driving, then the alternator is okay.
  15. concept

Which Mazda 3 has more luggsge space?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/2020-mazda-3-sedan-vs-140000363.html The results may surprise you (but not me).