Recent content by clads01

1. C

2017~2024 GT Wheel Touch-Up Paint?

Part of the outermost circumference that is painted dark grey is scratched and showing the silver aluminum underneath. Don't think wax will help. I can try to post an actual pic of my wheel tomorrow.
  2. C

2017~2024 GT Wheel Touch-Up Paint?

Experienced some minor curb rash, and wondering if anyone has any experience with touch-up paint on the GT wheels. Any good options for a matching one? The wheel paint actually seems very close to the body paint on my Machine Gray, so I guess in the absence of any input, I can just try a paint...
  3. C

Guide Thule Fixed Point Fit Guide for 2017 CX-5 (Unofficial)

These instructions for the 3069 fit kit will give you more info on how its installed/fitted. Once you've installed once, you only need to do steps 3 and 4D through 7. These crossbars attach at two points on each side, so they use four of the six mounting nut points (the factory rails use three...
  4. C

Damage to Brand New CX5

Google led me to this: http://us.ppgrefinish.com/PPG-Refinish/Training/Tech-Info/Articles-How-Tos/PPG-Mazda-46G-Repair-Process I have contacted the body shop recommended by the insurance company to see if they will do this when painting the bumper.
  5. C

Damage to Brand New CX5

Well, our 2017 Machine Gray got rear-ended last week. Minor damage, so debating about whether to replace the rear bumper or not. Other party has accepted fault and deductible would be waived so cost is not an issue. But a new rear bumper would be painted by a body shop. What is this talk of...
  6. C

Roof Rack Questions and (Eventually) answers - 2018 CX5

You should find these threads informative (although Thule focused): https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860325-2017-CX-5-Aftermarket-Cross-Bars-(and-a-bit-of-a-Thule-AeroBlade-review)...
  7. C

2017 Manuals

I think this is the US site/link: https://www.mazdaserviceinfo.com/ "Subscriptions as low as $19.95." The intent is to provide independent repair facilities with the needed information to repair Mazda vehicles. So as Anchroman suggests, you will likely need to provide some proof of...
  8. C

CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

Anyone know the torque spec for the oil drain plug? Searched this thread and saw several references to it in general but no actual value in ft-lb or N-m. EDIT: Nevermind, found it myself here: http://www.mcx5.org/engine_oil_replacement-1543.html 30—41 Nm {3.1—4.1 kgfm, 23—30 ftlbf} Assuming...
  9. C

2017~2024 'Oil change due' vs. 'Service Due'

Yeah, wondered about why it would be at 8000+ mi. Don't know why. I do remember factory resetting the entire Mazda Connect system right after getting the car to resolve an issue with it freezing up, but that was right after delivery so pretty sure it was well before 500 mi. And actually I...
  10. C

2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

Update: Using this adhesive mount now and working really well. Modified the mount by cutting off the 'top' portion as defined by the upper groove in the product image, which allows it fit really well above the hazard-lights switch. It's actually sort of cantilevered in there so very...
  11. C

My current working theory is that 'Service Due' in x miles appears for a long time (with escalating notifications, IIRC) just to keep you updated on when your next service/maintenance is due. The wrench and 'Oil change due' come on at 1000 km = 621 mi before due, to emphasize the point and...
  12. C

Ok, I guess that makes sense. But confusing that there are two different messages for the same thing. Is it the case that 'Service Due' appears for any of the three maintenance items, and a second message tells you what category of maintenance? I'm at 7461 mi. I plan on changing oil (and...
  13. C

I'm a bit confused about these messages on my multi-information display. Right now, it dispays 'Oil change due' but also 'Service Due in 621 mi.' In Mazda Connect (infotainment system), I have the following set for scheduled maintenance: 'Scheduled' = notification off 'Tire Rotation' =...
  14. C

Guide Thule Fixed Point Fit Guide for 2017 CX-5 (Unofficial)

First time putting the cargo box on my load bar setup last week. It's an older Thule Ascent 1100. Mounted it as far forward as it would go, and the rear liftgate would only open about halfway. Definitely not ideal and knocked my head against the liftgate a couple of times loading/unloading...
  15. C

2017~2024 2017 CX-5 GT AWD Snow Cables

Ramesh -- was this issue you describe with the front wheels or the rear wheels? EDIT: Nevermind. I assume it was the front wheels as owner's manual states only install chains on front wheels. But I don't remember seeing any rubber part that might cause interference, will have to look again.
Back