Recent content by Chris_Top_Her

1. Chris_Top_Her

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

higher octane (93) is more likely to maintain nominal power under adverse combustion conditions(and allow more aggressive timing, with less knock count).. in basics. Not sure about the 110, although the reasoning is the same, this engine doesn't rev high enough for me to want to buy that in a...
  2. Chris_Top_Her

Getting a new windshield tomorrow
  3. Chris_Top_Her

How many actual miles on a new car?

Usually, if the car has never been titled it can still be considered new
  4. Chris_Top_Her

High maintenance on Turbo

I'll pay the extra 16$ for more uniform resistance across the plugs... since the acceptable range by the ecu is about 6000 ohms I don't want a plug at the bottom and one at the top.. since the spark plug is the primary KS I want consistent feedback. Also fwiw, my 93 tuned car which is wot shift...
  5. Chris_Top_Her

Off Topic My RX4

I hit a dog, luckily did not fall
  6. Chris_Top_Her

New Differential but ABS lights on?

Pm'd OP. Replaced mine with a used unit from a 2016, used all old parts, no issues with it and codes/driveability whatseover, had the code updated at the dealer anyways for good measure. Went in with the 2 or 3 pages from the manual printed out detailing the process and got it done. The DSC...
  7. Chris_Top_Her

Well, it's just very flexible rubber. It's only a matter of time, if you look closely you might see tears in the "arms" that make up the mounting body.
  8. Chris_Top_Her

Wouldn't bother. Not worth the effort to remove it (rear diff comes out). Filling around the already ripped mount makes it stiffer than stock anyhow.
  9. Chris_Top_Her

Question about fuel type for 2020 GTR

You will always have more performance potential with higher octane fuel as combustion conditions deteriorate, doesn't matter what engine because it's simply science. I guarantee that 87 dyno is way off if you are driving in 100f weather with 3000 foot density altitude (at 500 foot elevation)...
  10. Chris_Top_Her

Replaced some anti rattle clips that I didn't have on hand when I changed the pads a while back. But I only bought the fronts by mistake. Also added more fill to the trash rear diff mount. It'll be filled eventually.
  11. Chris_Top_Her

Off Topic My RX4

Zongshen , chinese company. CSC dealer(California scooter company) on California is the elusive importer/dealership in the usa
  12. Chris_Top_Her

Oil Filter Question

Thailand filters are considered "premium mazda brand" the value one comes from Mexico.
  13. Chris_Top_Her

Need Help Diagnosing - Bad Engine/Transmission Mount?

surprised. The primary engine mount contains fluid othe ones just rip/wear out. You can get poly or hardened rubber mounts from aftermarket
  14. Chris_Top_Her

Need Help Diagnosing - Bad Engine/Transmission Mount?

It's a wear item, I'd be surpised.
  15. Chris_Top_Her

Turning off traction control for quicker start in the rain?

Yes.. the power cut is excessive and you will lose acceleration assuming you have good tires. The more you explore the tcs/dcs the more you may find it counterintuitive a lot of times