Recent content by cbslc

1. C

The AWD thread

You think Utah is bad? Try living in Flagstaff, AZ. People come up from Phoenix in the AWD's thinking they can drive in anything. It was fun helping them back on the road. Seriously, did you read any of the numerous article posted on this subject? Your saying I'm delusional, so is consumer...
  2. C

The AWD thread

AWD has limited uses I've lived in snowy areas all my life. Had a couple Subaru's. One in the 80's had on demand, that I used exactly 3 times over 10 years of use. I feel AWD is totally useless and is just a marketing schema. Look at consumer reports review...
  3. C

Big Sur Auto Cargo Area LED Panel Kit

Wow, your saying that pic of the beach chair is in a dark garage, with no flash or other lights on? If so, dang! That's impressive.
  4. C

Backup lights too dim

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Now to try to find a decent backup camera. I hate that all I can find are non-known brands. LeeKooLuu, Auto-Vox, Chuanganzhuo, Esky... When Pyle is the only brand I recognize in the bunch, I worry about reliability! I guess my next question - any recommends...
  5. C

CX5 Vs Golf SportWagen 4Motion

My friend has a Hybrid Rav 4. Living in OR with 65 mph limit, he averages 34-36 on highway drives. Anything faster than that and the extra weight of the batteries/electric... drags down the mpg. Not bad, but my 2.0L manual does 40 mpg at 65. I too am not very happy with our limited options in...
  6. C

WTB 2016 compatible head unit

I have a 2016 CX5 sport, with the standard head unit. Looking for something I can hook a backup camera into. Anyone upgrading and want to sell their stock?
  7. C

CX-5 2017 Rear Dashcam

So you are mounting inside the window correct? Does that cause any problems with reflection on the glass in the image? My sport came without a backup camera, and I was contemplating mounting inside, just for ease, but am worried about distortion/reflection...
  8. C

Backup lights too dim

I have a CX-5 sport without a backup cam. The backup lights aren't bright enough to see anything behind me and I really don't trust backing up at night. Any recommends on either new backup lights (led, xenon...), or should I just bite the bullet and get a backup cam with some led lights in it? I...
  9. C

2016 CX-5 sport head unit

I have a 2016 cx5 sport. It came with the stock CD player. Looking to replace, mainly to add a backup camera. Anyone upgraded and have their old one taking up space?
  10. C

Mazda CX-5 vs Subaru Crosstrek XV

The trick with 2L is no AWD and Manual tranny. The weight reduction and less power loss from AWD make a huge difference. This is another reason I did not want a Subaru. My prior Subaru was a money pit! New CV joints (8 due to AWD) was almost $3k. On 2 separate occasions I had non-repairable...
  11. C

Mazda CX-5 vs Subaru Crosstrek XV

I have a 2016 cx5, 2l manual. Fuelled up today and was at 39 mpg. These were mostly city miles. Highway is less if I'm over 75mph, but even then, I've averaged 36 mpg going from Utah to Oregon. I was going to buy my neighbors 2014 Crosstrek, but I couldn't fit 2 bikes upright (after removing...
  12. C

How To Eliminate Your Blind Spot

I drove my friends Forrester a few days ago. Way better vision out of the Forrester compared to my CX5. I like my cx5, and I hate it's blindspots. Really wish we had the windows of the Forrester!
  13. C

How do you like your manual CX-5?

On my manual it gives recommends on gears, it will frequently say 4-6 indicating going from 4th to 6th (at least that's what I though). My understanding was as long as I rev matched, the synchros would not be damaged/worn. Am I wrong?
  14. C

How do you like your manual CX-5?

You can get a manual 2017? Not in the US 2016 was the last year of the manual. I have a 2l manual and am just fine with it. I live in Utah and hit the mtns quite often. I hate how autos shift every 20s in the mtns. It makes my wife car sick. Just pop it in 5th, 4th on the really hard ascents and...
  15. C

Mazdaspeed6 wheels on CX-5

They are 17" x7" with 60 offset (the questionable part!)
Back