• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Recent content by Carfo

1. Carfo

2016~2020 Is the CX-9 "DIY" friendly?

mazda is a very small company and the cx9 is probably their least sold vehicle. Definitely won’t find as many discussions on the internet compared to other 3rd row SUVs.
  2. Carfo

Poll: Did you choose the CX-9 over a European SUV?

The Japanese have a very different mindset culturally for how they produce items. Each car is made with care. Can’t say the same about German cars. The tech is nice, but if I was going for pure luxury I would still get a Lexus over a German car
  3. Carfo

Potential new CX-9 owner, have a question

New cars can usually get around 4K off of MSRP. Some dealerships already Mark this down but definitely don’t pay full MSRP for a new car.
  4. Carfo

What kind of issue do you think this is?

yep I think it’s a bs response but the dealership I go to is usually helpful. She said she has no problem replacing anything but in order to do so they have to rule out any kind of aftermarket interference.
  5. Carfo

I did. I brought it to them and they think it’s my dash cam. It’s located beneath the camera so they want me to take it down for a week and see if any of those problems return.
  6. Carfo

2016 cx9 GT. Getting weird error warnings. One about the transmission failing, the camera keeps throwing up a warning saying it’s blocked and needs to Defog, got an SCBS malfunction warning and the other day got a warning about blind spot system malfunctioning. The errors only show up for a...
  7. Carfo

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Is it safe to use Clorox wipes on leather steering wheel?
  8. Carfo

2016~2020 Just bought a used 2016 Mazda CX-9 AWD and I have this cable hanging under the rear axle. Anyone know what it could be? (SOLVED: auto-leveling sensor)

Wait so you bought a used car and the dealer sold you the car with this broken? And it’s under warranty but they want to charge you for it?
  9. Carfo

Rear HVAC user tips? 2019 CX-9 Signature

I believe hitting the Rear button means you control the rear using the front hvac controls. Leaving it disables means the second row control settings take effect.
  10. Carfo

Weird message issues

So I got a cx9 (2016 GT) and I love it but I had a weird message the other day saying that the transmission was having problems and to bring it to the dealer immediately. (Attached) I called the dealer immediately and they took a look at it and ran the codes and found nothing about the...
  11. Carfo

2008 CX-9 Touring Battery Drain

Do you have anything plugged into a 12v slot? Not sure about the 2008 model but some vehicles usually have an always on12v port and if something is plugged in there it could be draining the battery
  12. Carfo

So my vehicle needed a fan door motor replaced. They gave me a loaner (2019 touring with PP). What a big difference between that and even my 2016 GT. There’s a significant lack of padding in critical areas. The arm rest is hard touch plastic and so is the leg rest for the drivers right knee. My...
  13. Carfo

CX-9 tachometer HUD

i was on version 5x and i didn't have the tach so i wonder how far back it went. not a huge deal anyway but it would have been nice. was it too distracting or something? seems like a weird thing to remove
  14. Carfo

CX-9 tachometer HUD

My 2016 does not show the tach nor can I find the option to enable it in settings. In some reviews of the 2017 year it shows the tach but if you say you have it on your 2016 I’m curious as to how to enable it. Funny you mention the cruise control, my 2017 cx5 only had radar but the 2016 cx9...
  15. Carfo

Updated my firmware today from v.5x to v.7x. Was pretty straightforward and took about 40 minutes. Not sure why the dealer never did this but does anyone know the major differences between those versions? Is it just AA/ACP? I do plan on getting the hardware for it soon.