Recent content by Candurin

1. C

Speedometer feature

That’s awkward when you’re at 135, though :)
  2. C

Speedometer feature

I’ve had my CX-5 for a year and never realized this. the speedometer lights up in “zones”! If you’re at a stop, 0-20 mph is lit up bright, 20-40 a bit dimmer and 60-160 is like “grayed out”. As you start driving, the relative “zone” gets brighter. Kinda neat! Can’t believe I never notice this.
  3. C

2017~2021 CX-5 Trailer Hitch recommendations?

It’s also not hard to do it yourself. I did my CX-5 and my wife’s CX-9 both in under an hour. I backed up onto some rhino ramps and used a Coleman 72 can cooler with wheels to rest the hitch on. Perfect height! Fish bolts and washer through channel, easy stuff.
  4. C

2017~2021 CX-5 Trailer Hitch recommendations?

https://www.etrailer.com/question-325079.html
  5. C

2020 Signature: How long for your seat warmer to get warm?

I can’t say that my 2019 takes that long. Maybe 3-4 minutes. I don’t think I’ve thought about it because I forget about it until my ass is too hot! I’ll definitely check in a few hours when I get in the car. I do use my seat heaters very clean infrequently because I usually remote start the...
  6. C

2017~2021 Winter wiper blades for CX-5 in Canada

This makes me miss college days when my roommate threw hot water on his windshield to thaw his wiper blades. Never heard glass explode that loud before. I’ve also never laughed louder. Sadly it was a 91 geo metro and probably the most valuable thing on the car.
  7. C

2017~2021 Winter wiper blades for CX-5 in Canada

Wow. Our forum has made these prices skyrocket :) I paid $25.58 ($34.68 total with shipping and tax) back in February from Amazon for these exact aerotwins.
  8. C

Firmware 70.00.367A

He my dealer update my .352 firmware to .367 today after multiple issues and random reboots. As soon as I got in the car after the update this afternoon, I noticed that XM radio started up within 10 seconds of turning on the car. A notable improvement. I’ll keep an eye out for other benefits.
  9. C

2019 CX-5 signature first oil change - conventional or synthetic?

I know nothing about oil chemistry, but, looks like the ford oil they put in my car is really close to what you recommend:https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/additionalinfo/Product%20Data%20Sheet%205W30%20Full%20Synthetic.pdf
  10. C

Seems like good stuff! Noted for future oil changes.
  11. C

Thanks everyone for the guidance. The service manager today has always found it odd that Mazda doesn’t do 5w-30 synthetic. Was a good laugh about oils.
  12. C

I trust this dealer. It was an honest mistake. I’ve had the same service advisor through 4 cars we’ve purchased from same dealer. He wanted to save me a few dollars and put in conventional because the Mazda doesn’t specify synthetic. New oil in and they replaced filter. I’m good to go and...
  13. C

I appreciate that. Makes sense. I’m sure they’ll replace the filter for me at no charge.
  14. C

The filter they installed is 1WPY-14-302. I don’t think they were offering a new filter, just a drain and refill (I’ve only driven 14 miles since the oil change). Is a new filter needed?
  15. C

I thought about this. A full synthetic oil change is $70. I pay $60 (I have a perpetual coupon in my Mazda app that both my wife and I use) and with our 15% military/first responder/medical discount It comes down to $51 + tax. No complaints here.