Recent content by bonga_msp

1. B

P0171 - Bank 1 to lean

I've been chasing this code for 2 years now. I've replace exhaust manifold (cracked), hoses, checked for leaks with carb cleaner, replaced 02 sensor, EGR, wastegate actuator (long before this problem). No luck yet...
  2. B

You know you are driving an MSP when...

lol ya... it does give some semi useful info at WOT... I just keep it there to fill up my gauge cluster.
  3. B

... when your narrow band thinks it's at a rave
  4. B

You know you drive a MSP when coming to this forum is the only way to find the fix. You know you drive a MSP when it takes 6+ months to find the problem You know you drive a MSP when it's excluded from the extended 7 year warrenty on Protege EGR valves... You know you drive a MSP when you...
  5. B

Security light always on?

Old thread, but I think i have the answer, I had something simular. If i recall correctly the shock sensor sensitivity was too high, Adjust the sensitivy way down and see if that allows it to arm properly.
  6. B

K/w

One of them would be me, I just moved here from Toronto a few months ago.
  7. B

HIGH IDLE, only in gear, fine in neutral

Sorry for the lenthy delay in replay, no I never did. I actually still have the problem which I just recently discovered again. It must have been in hiding recently. I just did a spring tuneup, while doign that I reset the ECU and it's showing up again. If you tore it down make sure that you...
  8. B

Update again: Disconnected the Neutral Switch and the Computer stays in an Open Loop regardless of the gear or neutral, which seems normal from the other posts ive seen about people forgetting to connect it, which in turn causes high RPMS and poor idling. Hooked it back up and I get the same...
  9. B

Neutral Switch Connects to what?

If your isnt connected, it should connect to a harness between the battery and the engine just below the charge pipe that goes to the TB. I disconnected mine today to try to troubleshoot my problem and it causes the computer to go into a Open Loop which puts your RPMs to go up, which is...
  10. B

Update: I hooked the computer up to the car today, It looks like the Fuel System status is going from a Closed Loop (normal idle) to an Open Loop (Power enrichment) when the high idle is kicking in, almost like there is a load it's trying to compensate for, the weird thing is the "Calculated...
  11. B

Neutral Switch Connects to what?

From the service manual I can see that there is a Neutral Switch Connector on the Manual Tranny, does anyone know where this leads to? (IE. to what is this switch signaling or actually triggering?) Thanks
  12. B

good thought, but it is definetly something being triggered once the Neutral Switch sensor is triggered, I need to find out what that switch talks to.
  13. B

Nothing new in the last year (this just started happening a week ago): but for interests sake here are the mods Injen Intake Relocated MAF BOV Hardpipes SMIC 3" Exhaust I've taken apart all the intercooler piping and inspected MAF, all seem to be in good condition, no vacuum or boost leaks that...
  14. B

Yes, that's correct. Clutch "in" or "out" makes no difference in neutral, idle is normal.
  15. B

Very weird problem. Car idles fine in neutral. With the clutch fully disengaged, putting the car into gear (any gear even reverse) will cause the IDLE to go up to about 1500-2000rpm and stay there, moving it back to neutral will cause it to go back down to 800rpm. Ingear: High idle Neutral...
Back