Recent content by BLS

1. B

Goodbye Mazdas247

Just sold our 2009 CX-9 Grand Touring and leased a 2022 Acura MDX. The CX-9 was a nice and very reliable car. We bought it at around 65K miles and drove it up to 160K. In that 100K miles I replaced two batteries, windshield wiper motor, vacuumed out the AC drain lines once, changed the plugs...
  2. B

Long Term Review - PowerStop Z17 Evolution Plus Ceramic Brake pads - 2nd Gen CX-9

I have had good luck on a 1st gen CX-9 (2009) by going to premium drilled / slotted rotors all around. Previously we had been plagued with shaking pulsations on braking within a few thousand miles of normal pad or even normal rotor replacement.
  3. B

Gen 1 CX-9 Alternator Failure

A couple of weeks ago we had an alternator failure at 155000 miles on our 2009 CX-9. Unfortunately this was at night on a trip so had it towed to a AAA shop for repair instead of working on it myself. Symptoms, crazy warning lights on the instruments so my wife pulled off the highway and...
  4. B

BSM Off Flashing (2009 CX-9 GT)

Interesting thread. We have had intermittent flashing BSM for a while 2009 CX-9 GT 145K miles. Will examine the rear bumper area now.
  5. B

Looking at new tires

We have been satisfied with the Pirelli Scorpions on our 2009 CX-9 FWD. About to wear out the second set. We get about 40K miles out of them. When driving a number of CX-9s prior to our purchase (used) we noticed a great deal of difference in stopping ability with different tires and the...
  6. B

CX-9 Normal Voltage?

I got some of those combined USB socket/voltmeter things for Christmas. I note that the one in the Volvo shows between 12.2 and 13.5 volts as expected with the engine running. However, in the CX-9 it always runs above 14 volts to 14.4. Is this normal or is my voltage regulator trending too...
  7. B

Who has got the highest mileage CX-9 out there?

2009 CX-9 GT FWD. Currently at 140000 miles. Bought at 65K miles. Have replaced spark plugs, fuel injectors (only one bad), and at least one set of brakes (pads and rotors), and two batteries, replaced wiper motor also.
  8. B

Looking into picking up a CX-9

We have an '09 Grand Touring. Bought at 65,000 miles and now at 131,000. No drive train issues with FWD. Only maintenance items have been: new spark plugs and coils, new fuel injectors (one had high resistance), had to vacuum out the front AC drain and one change of front and rear brake pads...
  9. B

Fuel Injector Open Cyl 5

OK, job is done. The link from JJW6645 above is very useful as is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-7Cqd6cO7k I used Bosch W0133-2618710 injectors from Partsgeek.com Perfect replacement. I installed and clipped the injectors to the rail then pressed each injector back into place with...
  10. B

Fuel Injector Open Cyl 5

Yep. Got all 6 out after a struggle. Readings in ohms were (from left to right facing the engine) engine stone cold. Back row 12.4 12.3 12.4 Front row 12.4 88.4 12.4 Measured a brand new Bosch injector 11.4 BLS I'm going to change all six since it's a hassle getting in there. The...
  11. B

Fuel Injector Open Cyl 5

OK read the codes: P0205 Cylinder #5 Injector Circuit Open, P0305 Cylinder #5 Misfire, P0174 System too Lean bank 2. I have 6 new injectors on hand. Will post resistance readings but will probably just replace all 6 while I have the rail off.
  12. B

Fuel Injector Open Cyl 5

OK, however I replaced all 6 coils about a year and a half ago so don't suspect them as much. I will check the resistance values. BLS
  13. B

Fuel Injector Open Cyl 5

Just having an issue with the 2009 CX-9. Wife reported a check engine light and running rough. After work I read the OBDII codes and got #5 fuel injector open error. Starting again from cold it ran fine so I erased the codes and started driving home. After a stop to eat (warm engine?) I got...
  14. B

Front Wiper Stalls Issue

Investigation showed that the issue was in the plastic sequencing switch that is attached to the wiper motor. Replacing the motor assembly seems to have fixed the problem. To remove/replace the motor you need to do the following: 1. Remove cover caps and unbolt both front wipers. 2. Remove...
  15. B

Front Wiper Stalls Issue

This weekend while on a trip I had to front wipers stop in mid travel and not respond to any wiper stalk position. The next day after checking the fuse and starting the car they parked as normal. Later that day in auto mode they made one partial sweep and again stopped in mid travel and didn't...
Back