Recent content by BlackPurl

1. B

2019 CX-5 Android Auto no longer working

I have not but will try. At this point I am trying to decide if it is a vehicle problem (dealership kept it for a month once for infotainment trouble that could not be resolved), a cell phone problem (several threads about folks having the same model and problem, different vehicles) or a google...
  2. B

2019 CX-5 Android Auto no longer working

I hooked my phone up to the smart phone port of my 2019 cx-5 but it is no longer recognized. In the settings the box is checked for AA but under apps the android auto is grayed out, impossible to select it Trying different cable same result. Rebooting phone same result. The phone starts charging...
  3. B

2019 CX-5 music stops screen reboots

After 3 weeks we got the vehicle back. SiriusXM suffers from repetitive lost signal errors. Clear sky, no buildings or otherwise obstructions. I have not verified firmware version, but would like to think they updated it if required.
  4. B

Another update: Received a call from Mazda North American operations Friday night. There is no fix for the problem, Japan is working on it and I will be notified when the fix is available. The guy said the dealership had been notified also. This was around 8pm local, so I called Saturday the...
  5. B

Update: The dealership kept the car, gave me a loaner. Going on a week tomorrow. They asked a lot of questions about phone used and OS version. They have been sending data to Mazda regional (?) and someone on staff has a similar problem with their CX-5. This appears to be a step by step process...
  6. B

Look, this thing is new, unfamiliar compared to my 2004 car. I am not sure what Ceric expects when he says: "To OP: what is your version? " If I go in Settings, System tab, About, Version: OS V70.00.100 NA N Music DB V00.08.000 Fail Safe V70.00.100 If it is in a loop, it is a long one, around...
  7. B

When I take a road trip, the music is on. After what seems like an hour of driving, the music stops, regardless of the source. The infotainment screen displays the Mazda logo. After it is done rebooting, back to normal. This was on interstate, so no jarring that I can remember. It is with the...
  8. B

Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

Point take on the start-stop system vs cylinder deactivation. I had to choose my evil and live with it. I also think the CX-5 looks better. For what it is worth I rented a RAV4 AWD to Canada and back two winters ago. That helped me make up my mind. Maybe this was an isolated case, but on flat...
  9. B

2017 CX-5 Bose Centerpoint Poll

Mine has the Bose Premium Audio with 10 speakers. I leave Centerpoint on because I perceive better stereo imaging, regardless of where you sit. Somebody got paid to implement better sound in a vehicle configuration that does not lend itself to good bass reproduction, etc. I'm sure psycho...
  10. B

Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

We looked at the RAV4, wife did not like it. We looked at CR-V and liked it, but got scared by the gasoline in oil dilution, on the turbo engine. Would have been happy with CR-V base engine but there's no equipment on LX trim. As good as our '04 Honda is holding up, I had to pass on this one...
  11. B

New Owners - Check your Tire PSI

After reading check your psi, I decided to have a look at our CX-5, purchased last month. Sitting overnight, tires were in mid 40 psi range. I also found a bag in the glove box with the optional wheel locks and key. I think the saying "Unencumbered by the thought process" applies here. Dealer...
Back