Recent content by Berner

1. B

How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

Delayed thanks to Fendyman for the making these available and for the prompt shipping. The difference in rear visibility is definitely noticeable with the low profile headrests.
  2. B

Smart City Break System

Very cool. I consider myself well-read on the CX-5 safety systems, but was not aware of this aspect of the programming. Thanks.
  3. B

2016-Interior light settings

The replacement LED bulbs can be installed at an angle to reduce the harshness. It doesn't change the warmth or color of the light, but it does moderate the brightness that might otherwise cause issues. This technique was mentioned in the instructions that came with the bulb set.
  4. B

Lack of one touch close for the sunroof got me again

In order to have one-touch close, the sunroof would have to have a sensor that detects obstructions to prevent crushed fingers, etc. Those additional mechanisms cost money, take space, add weight, and increase the complexity and cost of repairs. I'm not saying that anyone is wrong for wanting...
  5. B

How to remove wax from black plastic trim?

Other people may have their favorites, but I think the two best products are Lexol Vinylex and Eagle 303. Both can be used on exterior and interior plastics and vinyls (and under the hood too), and both have UV protection. The 303 has a slightly more matte finish between the two, while the...
  6. B

When to wax?

I'd highly recommend using a claybar on your first wash of the new car. Our CX-5's endure a lot of environmental exposure on their way to their dealerships. Between the ships, trains, and car trailers, your paint has been exposed to hundreds and hundred of miles ... even though the engine is...
  7. B

headlight lens degradation

I like your logic. Out of windshield fluid? Time to get the 2016. (drinks)
  8. B

Anyone ever use...

While I'm still loving my Crystal White, I've always had a fondness for paints like the Titanium that look very different in different lighting conditions. Nice job on the clean up.
  9. B

2016 CX-5 walk away lock feature

Don't forget the the request button on the rear hatch. :)
  10. B

2016 CX-5 Infotainment - WIFI access?

I've enabled Wifi with the USB scripts, as have may others. Your post doesn't provide enough information to formulate any specific troubleshooting advice, but it most certainly works. Indeed, the "common tweaks" USB script was just updated a few days ago by the author over on the Mazda3 forum...
  11. B

How to - PADDLE SHIFT Retrofit (Mazda CX-5 2.0)

The K015-V7-481 harness (a/k/a the "lower harness" or the "clockspring harness") is 100% needed to install paddle shifters in a CX-5. Without it, the paddle shifters aren't connected to the transmission controller, and the paddles will not operate. If there is confusion in this thread, its due...
  12. B

2015 CX5 push button starting/stopping question..

You're not confusing the computer. The green light simply means that if you wanted to restart your car, the start button is ready.
  13. B

Paddle Shift Install - 2016 CX-5

K015-V7-481 (the lower wiring harness) isn't going to be in U.S. parts systems because no U.S. cars use this part, nor is the paddle-shift kit officially sold in the U.S. Every Mazda that comes with factory-installed paddles is already prewired for the shifters, and therefore they do not use...
  14. B

paddle shift on CX-5

Congrats! Kudos for being one of the pioneers on this ... looking forward to following in your footsteps. :)
  15. B

Good wax routine for a titanium flash paint job?

The towels I just bought are here. They're not high-end luxury towels, but they are about 300 GSM which is very good for the price. And with so many, I don't hesitate to throw them into the dirty pile and grab a clean one anytime. I also don't feel bad using them on really dirty areas like...
Back