• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Recent content by BenjiHoggi

1. BenjiHoggi

What have you done to your P5 today?

Good info, thanks. Hmm. Not sure though if I have the skill and equipment to do the job (skill being almost none, and equipment about the same). I guess I'll have to look around and see what my other options are for getting it painted somewhere. Not really something I wanted to bother with...
  2. BenjiHoggi

Interesting. I do recall someone mentioning a paint stripping chemical for use on a metal hood, but didn't consider that it might work differently on a plastic bumper. If I repaint, I will also likely need to remove my paint, though I would be painting it the exact same color so maybe it's not...
  3. BenjiHoggi

That's a shame. Are you talking about painting over the yellow paint on the lip? I always assumed the 'recommended' way to repaint something like that was to first use a chemical to strip the old paint (and primer?) off first, then re-primer and paint again with clear coat on top. Not sure...
  4. BenjiHoggi

I've seen your photos and that nice bumper and lip you on your car. They'll look even better when they've got some 22v on them! I think i'm going to need some new 22v on my bumper as well, alas. Someone tapped my front end this week and sent cracks through paint. What a shame. I have no...
  5. BenjiHoggi

My car needs some better tires and I was looking at the G-Max AS-05s a while back, but wasn't sure about quality of General brand products over other brands like Michelin, BFG or Continental. Can I ask what tires you had before, what you think of the AS-05s now in comparison, as well as what...
  6. BenjiHoggi

Front suspension work - What to replace?

Well Dang! That's it! It's actually kind of a shame. A clean Mazdaspeed Protege with a blown motor recently came up for sale and sold. It was listed for pretty cheap and was just a few minutes away. It had some really nice aftermarket wheels, some nice interior modifications, an aftermarket...
  7. BenjiHoggi

Good good, I have a Harbor Freight near me and that was the grease gun i was looking at specifically. Harbor Freight also carries a similar tube of grease for about $5 as well, so i'll probably grab that so I don't have to go anywhere else. I'm such a sucker for cheap Chinese made junk, but if...
  8. BenjiHoggi

My local Harbor Freight in the states is still open. I had to go there to grab some calipers for school and it was actually quite busy. I'm trying to stay home as much as I can of course.
  9. BenjiHoggi

This is helpful, thank you. I had seen that those things existed and I figured it was likely what I needed. I see Harbor Freight has grease guns and grease so that should be suitable. I'll post up when I get things installed and working.
  10. BenjiHoggi

Quick question. This is one of my new Moog end links. I see that they have these grease nobby things. Do I need to fill them with a grease/lubricant, and if so, what tool can I use to do this and what's recommended to put in it? I don't have any specific equipment to do it, but if it needs...
  11. BenjiHoggi

Boring Daily Build

Odd thing is, mine aren't leaking at all and they actually look great on the outside. They function properly as rear brake calipers, it's just that neither side will hold the rotor and keep the car parked when the parking brake is engaged. I'm not greatly bothered about not having the parking...
  12. BenjiHoggi

Boring Daily Build

Respect. I'll just blame my occasional postings on pcb too ;) In all seriousness though pcb, this is making me want to look at my calipers and see if I can avoid buying new ones. Worst case is that i'll buy new ones and dissect the old ones to rebuild. Imma big cheapskate and I love taking...
  13. BenjiHoggi

Boring Daily Build

Thank you both for the feedback. Alas, I have read and tried all of this already before, with no positive result. The problem is not with the handle adjustment. I jacked the car up and removed the wheels and the cables were taught. Pulled the cables off and tried to adjust the calipers with...
  14. BenjiHoggi

Boring Daily Build

I'm definitely following this conversation. Over my admittedly short ownership, my car has never had a functional parking brake, which I diagnosed as an internal issue with both rear calipers. Adjustment screws are seized, i've checked. Really wanting to have a parking brake again but not...
  15. BenjiHoggi

This is helpful, thanks. What are you thoughts on sourcing MSP springs? I'm not sure how much these springs will have degrade over time and i'm no stranger to the junkyard but have never seen a MSP which isn't completely stripped. Can they be purchased new OEM at a reasonable price? I'm on...