Recent content by Avoidin Deer

1. Avoidin Deer

Insurance Ripoffs

I have the same issue with my CX-5 and my old truck I drive to the trash drop-off once a month. It's just me at home. I can only drive one at a time. Some of these industries are as mind-numbing as government. It's on purpose.
  2. Avoidin Deer

Insurance Ripoffs

There's so much in this industry that makes no sense. We all got stories. Allstate blames some of their behaviour on state regulations. I have a $100,000,000 Umbrella Policy because I own a home and any idiot who claims they slipped on my sidewalk can sue me. So here I am a private citizen...
  3. Avoidin Deer

Adding/Editing Maps

Is that right? Tom Tom was the only one I found who sold Mazda maps, so I figured they were making the OEM ones. Dpugh: Here's a link to NNG's "Contact Us" page if you want to reach out to them.
  4. Avoidin Deer

Factory ordering accessories-moved

I've always been the same way. I see people start their cars and immediately put them into drive, causing the cars to lurch forward. But Mazda's 8 Second Rule doesn't cut it for even moderately chilly weather. Temp was about 33° when I went out this morning, and it took longer than a minute...
  5. Avoidin Deer

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

Exactly. And we're all free to express our opinions...the good, the bad and the ugly. That's what makes this forum a valuable resource: pre-purchase and post-purchase.
  6. Avoidin Deer

I've wondered if Oil Dilution has caused Mazda to do away with this feature, making it an "install at your own risk" thing. Or maybe it's all part of their "environmentally responsible" persona. Or a little of both. The manual says: Pg 3-47 Avoid long warm-ups. Once the engine runs smoothly...
  7. Avoidin Deer

Adding/Editing Maps

I'd start with Mazda Customer Service and let them guide me from there: 800/222-5500 Online email I feel your pain, but I fear you're about to tilt at windmills. I don't know who makes Mazda maps. I see that Tom Tom sells Mazda map updates, and they have a way to report updates. Maybe ask...
  8. Avoidin Deer

Insurance Ripoffs

SHOES?!?!?!?!? When I was a kid, we didn't have feet!!!!
  9. Avoidin Deer

Insurance Ripoffs

This would be me, except accident-free for almost 50 years and ticket-free for 30 years. My credit rating is Excellent+++ I own a home and insurances are bundled. When I moved from a highly congested area to one where I can go 20 miles and only encounter one stop sign, I thought my rates would...
  10. Avoidin Deer

If I understand what I've read here, none of the accessories are installed at the factory...they are all port-installed or dealer-installed. Here's a comprehensive list of Sig accessories for people to comment on, including ones that are obviously irrelevant: -Front & Read Bumper Trim Package...
  11. Avoidin Deer

Is the Soul Red color still an issue on 2020’s?

Tagged to follow. I'm curious as well. All Japanese paints suck, but the SCRM sucked worser than the rest. This issue caused me to make a different color choice when I bought. There's a recall petition here where at least one 2020 CX-9 owner says his hood looks like it has been sand-blasted...
  12. Avoidin Deer

Has Mazda changed their mind and included the NAV System on the 2020 GT and Reserve?

Congrats on the new purchase. It sounds as though the member who said it is included must have spoken with a dealer who throws it in. But Mazda keeps futzing with their website so you can't really tell. I guess all that matters is what you get (or don't get) when you pick the thing up.
  13. Avoidin Deer

Has Mazda changed their mind and included the NAV System on the 2020 GT and Reserve?

Well, there's now some debate. The NAV had been removed as a standard feature on all trims but the 2020 Signature. All others pay $400. This was on the Build & Price website. Now the NAV has been removed from the extra-cost Accessory page for most of the trims (implying that it is included)...
  14. Avoidin Deer

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

I would hope no one feels the need to self-censure. If that's the case, this forum has lots the bulk of its value. We may as well sit across from a real sales guy to be told how wondrous their machines are...why let internet strangers blow smoke up our tailpipes?