Recent content by Almit3yMush00m

1. A

Vacuum/boost Issue. Fuel cut off.

So I did some fiddling and who ever did my vacuum/boost gauge had it on its own designated vacuum port which is fine but it wasn't giving me a completely accurate reading. I put a dedicated vacuum to the hks and then put the vacuum/boost gauge on the same line as the waste gate. Well when I did...
  2. A

Ok with my vacuum gauge Its pulling 20 inHg at idle, im going to work on it some more today and see if i come up with any other issues. There are no leaks with the hks.
  3. A

I think you might be right on the tune. As far as the wastegate diaphragm its the only thing I can think of that would be causing that noise since as soon as I take vacuum off it it stops. Just wanted to see if anyone had a different idea about it as well. The main Question was about the vacuum...
  4. A

Alright so I've owned my MSP for a while now and I've slowly been trying to sort out issues with it. I just replaced all the vacuum lines with nice silicone lines andreplaced any of the factory plastic t's with larger brass t's. I have an hks bov and it just doesn't seem to open. The way I have...
  5. A

Compressor Surge With HKS BOV on MSP

Thanks for the picture That helps alot I can't do to much till I get her back out of storage but ill try those few things and see what happens
  6. A

Ill Try that as well as check the rest of the vacuum lines. I See other people suggest the brake booster a lot too. I Don't know where that is on the protege but if someone can tell me I could give that a shot too.
  7. A

No bought it brand new from a authorized dealer
  8. A

Its definatly compressor surge The valve makes a really high pitched dump. The sound that follows it is the turkey that eveyone hates with our cars. That noise resonates all the way back through the air filter. Its almost like the valve isnt open long enough to get rid of all th pressure. Like I...
  9. A

So this las summer I installed an HKS BOV on the hot pipe coming off the turbo. I have the corksport FMIC and cold air intake kit. The valve opens and releases pressure when boosting but after the vent it has a undertone of compessor surge like not all the pressure was released. When not...
  10. A

MSP Short Throw and hight shifter

Ok I was looking at the TWM and just thought it was a little over priced for what it is, But I kinda figured it was a good product. I'll Look into them more. Thanks for the replies
  11. A

MSP Short Throw and hight shifter

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a shift kit that shortens the hight and the throw of the stock Mazdaspeed protege Shifter. Im mainly looking to reduce the hight of the shifter but would also like some throw reduction.
  12. A

Forge motorsport blow off valve kit - mazdaspeed protege

Well I ended up sending the forge one back and getting an hks
  13. A

Forge motorsport blow off valve kit - mazdaspeed protege

Alright so I just put the forge blow off valve on my msp. I have it attached to the corksport fmic kit which is pretty much set up the same as stock. When I am boosting all the pressure seems to be heading back out to the air filter and creating the turkey sound that our cars tend to make. When...
  14. A

Loud Screaming noise from turbo area

Ok so I was able to talk to my friend who does mechanics as a hobbie and said possibly turbo bearings as well. Does anyone know how much a new t25 ball bearing turbo for our the msp is?
  15. A

Loud Screaming noise from turbo area

Yea when the throttle is open it quites and when its closed it does it. Like I said it only starts after the car has been driven for a long time or when I drive it hard. It will do it while driving and while its just idleing. The bpv is working like it should but I can't quite pinpoint it cause...
Back