Recent content by acgolfer

1. A

How long did your brake pads last?

I have 63,000 miles so far and no problems but I guess on the next service it wouldn't be a bad ideal to request lubrication of the caliper pins. Side note: my girlfriend just had her rear brakes and pad replaced at 140,000 miles and fronts are still OK. She has a 2011 Chevy Cruze and owned it...
  2. A

Havoline oil w/ Moly?

Thanks, @MyFirstMazda, I think I will go ahead and order the Castrol Edge from Walmart. It seems to have a higher following over the Havoline brand. Thanks everyone for your posts. AcGolfer
  3. A

Havoline oil w/ Moly?

Yes @shooter357 they have some very good knowledge. What is your opinion on changing between brands? Many years ago there was the consensus that you stay with the same brand oil for the life of the engine. I was thinking about going back to the Castrol oil.
  4. A

Havoline oil w/ Moly?

Thanks yrwei52 they actually used Castrol on the first oil change then charge over to Havoline after that, so they never did put any Mazda brand oil in the car.
  5. A

Havoline oil w/ Moly?

I'm going to stop using my dealer for oil changes but I want to keep using the same brand and type they was using. 2014 CX-5 2.5L with about 60,000 mile. On the dealer invoices it stated HV0W20 SYN OIL CHEVRON. So I don't know if the dealer oil had Moly in it. What would you guys best guess...
  6. A

Anyone found an OBD2 phone app that will read transmission fluid temp?

Thanks for the reply yrwei, I'll try to check it again at 122 F, I didn't think it was going to get that warm driving it over to a friends house where I checked it.
  7. A

Well I wanted to check my ATF level after it was change got the new OBD2 to work enough to read temperature. So I drove mine and when I checked the fluid level the temperature was at 174 F, a bit over 122 F. I assuming that 122 F was the minimum temp required ( I hope). It was at the bottom...
  8. A

I was having trouble connecting 2 but I only have the demo.
  9. A

Also thanks Kedis82ZE8 for the instructions, I too just changed my transmission plus my strainer. I just bought the BAFX PRODUCT OBD2 reader yesterday and downloaded the ForScan Demo to get my ATF temp. A few questions if you don't mind, Can I have my Mazda and the OBD connected to my phone...
  10. A

How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

My Toyo tires which are comparative to the Geolanders. At 45,000, 3 tires was 3/32 and the other 4/32. I change them at 48,700 miles. Wanted to try for 50,000 just for the yet of it, but a road trip was coming up and didn't need to. I'm not sure way so many people didn't get the mileage we...
  11. A

2013~2016 High mileage 2015 CX5...should I buy?

Now you guy got me worried, I at 50,000 miles and never filled my fuel tank until the light comes on. Usually put in around 12 gallons. That leave at least 2 gallons reserve as our tanks hold about 15 gal. I always thought that was sufficient to prevent problems, but apparently not according...
  12. A

Best way to remove scratches. =(

OK thanks it's a little confusing as they are both labeled polish. I seem an article where they try to describe the steps. First, Clay as being very abrasive, Rubbing Compound next with some abrasion and finally Polish more for shining. So would Z-5 be classified Rubbing Compound? Even though...
  13. A

Best way to remove scratches. =(

Thanks CX5Nut for the info but aren't they both polishes? Please clarify if I missing something as I'll be starting on my CX-5 this year. It's at 50,000 mile and have developed some blemishes. Thanks
  14. A

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Thanks yrwei52 for the link to the Radar Dimax AS-8 225/55R19 103V. I missed that post or blew though it. But as of today Walmart is out of stock on the 225/55R19 size. I not sure I want to take a change on them as I would like to have a somewhat quiet smooth ride and the Altimax is rated good...
Back