Recent content by ABCarr

1. A

2008 CX-9 Bluetooth Failure

Hello there. We have a 2008 Grand Touring with Bose audio and navigation and have lost Bluetooth capability. Pressing the phone button on the steering wheel gives no response. I'm curious as to what might be the best/cheapest option for remediation: 1) have head unit diagnosed/repaired by 3rd...
  2. A

My bsm module keeps blinking on the dash board -- help!

I put a new AGM battery in it last year....there are no signs of a battery deficiency.
  3. A

My bsm module keeps blinking on the dash board -- help!

I'm having something similar with our 2008 GT AWD. On ours, it's the BSM OFF along with TCS OFF and the TSC/DSC indicator lights that are flashing about 75% of the time the vehicle is in operation. I've discovered that there is a way to temporarily return things to normal....when safe to do so...
  4. A

Advantages of 235/60/R18 vs 245/60/R18 snow tires?

I'm running 235/65-18 winters......slightly narrower and taller than stock. Seem to work well.
  5. A

2008 Mazda CX9 AWD not working ( real wheel not turning)

If the splines in your transmission are worn, as mine were, you will need to replace both the transfer case and the transmission. Gets very pricey, very quickly.
  6. A

Adding satellite radio to stock

Does anyone have input regarding adding satellite radio to a 2008 GT with Bose audio? I popped into a dealer in Orlando while on vacation last week and he seemed to suggest that the factory receiver is NLA. Any thoughts?
  7. A

Transfer Case - 4WD Issues

I had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago.....2008 CX-9 Grand Touring. What initially seemed to be a bad transfer case grew into a new transmission since the splines were worn away. I opted for new (or reconditioned) parts, and my bill was not far off $8K (note that I am in Canada, with a...
  8. A

245/60-18 or 245/65-17 for winter tires?

I'm running 235/65R18 on my CX-9 for winter.
  9. A

tire size

235/45-20 is quite a bit shorter than OEM size (28.3 in. vs 29.6 in.)......rotates 4.6% faster. You generally want to keep the diameter within +/- 3% or so of the OEM size. The smaller tire would also have a lower load carrying capacity....not good.
  10. A

Quality Replacement Shocks

I know what you're saying.....there's a very delicate balance involved here. In my younger days there was never a question...I would always opt for the most serious aftermarket shocks on my vehicles (Bilstein/Koni/HKS, etc.), which were often sports cars or sports sedans. A bone-jarring ride was...
  11. A

I agree that the factory shocks/struts are decent, and the ride/handling is a cut above the competition. I'm not anywhere near needing to replace the OEM's. When the time comes for replacement, however, I hope there are some higher-end alternatives available.
  12. A

LED Signal Bulb Replacements?

Has anyone replaced our standard front and rear turn signal bulbs with LED's? I would like to achieve an "all LED" look with the tails and brake lights already there. I want known, quality pieces that are reliable, have at least OEM brightness and that I don't need to mess around with adding...
  13. A

Since the CX-9 is a relatively new vehicle, I'm not surprised by the lack of options in the aftermarket replacement shock area. So far, all I can find are the KYB's. Should we expect to see more "premium" shocks available in the future, possibly Bilstein or Koni? I can see that some of the...
  14. A

Map Updates for Nav system

Also needing the ISO....2008 GT AWD.
Back