Recent content by a10thunder

1. A

2006+ Mazda5 Rear Shocks Replacement

At about the 75,000 mile mark.
  2. A

OP here. I ended up replacing the front pair as well. It is possible to DIY but you'll need lots of patience. The strut goes into a tight sleeve at the front-wheel knuckle, which is held on by two bolts. It is a PITA to put the strut back into the knuckle sleeve. I had to repeatedly raise and...
  3. A

From a Civic to a MS3

I'm an Si owner thinking about switch to an MS3 as well. What are your thoughts on the MS3's clutch? Lots of reviews have complained about the MS3's clutch engagement.
  4. A

Mazda5 FAQ Suggestion Thread

Lots of folks have had sliding-door actuator failures. I did a DIY on replacing the actuator. DIY: Sliding door actuator replacement
  5. A

If you like the stock ride, KYB shocks and struts will do the trick. There's no need to replace the springs. I got my front and rear KYB's from Amazon merchants. The front struts are a pain to replace. You'll need a spring compressor tool.
  6. A

FS: Maintenance Bundle - Wiper Set, Cabin Filter, Oil Filter, 06 Mazda5 Owners Manual

Everything has been sold except the owner's manual. If you are willing to pay for shipping, I will send the owner's manual to you.
  7. A

Unless the rubber bump stop is cracking, I don't see a reason. If you buy OEM replacement, it'll probably come with the dustcover/bump stop.
  8. A

Sliding Door Lock Actuator Replacement

I got mine from parts.com ($39.72).
  9. A

I don't think accessing the shock from the inside will make the process that much easier. You may be able to stay cleaner though.
  10. A

I'm not sure what a "side cup holder" is. The easiest way to remove the top nut is with something that can hold the flat faces of the rod stationary (like a vice). IMO, you do not need an alignment after replacing just the shocks. The suspension geometry stays the same with the stock springs.
  11. A

My '06 Sport didn't have an alarm. I have the immobilizer, a panic button on the remote, and a blinking light on the dash that pretended I had an alarm.
  12. A

The clips holding the plastic door panel are pretty sturdy. Just make sure you don't apply any lateral force, pull straight back. Don't be afraid to yank.
  13. A

Do you mean this thread? http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123779206-Updated-rear-suspension-piece-for-excessive-tire-wear&daysprune=-1
  14. A

Slide door power lock not working

I'm pretty sure your lock actuator has failed. This has been a common problem with the Mazda5. Just do a search here. I have done the replacement myself and posted a DIY for the replacement: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123761729-Sliding-Door-Lock-Actuator-Replacement
  15. A

I just updated my original post so the images would be displayed inline with text. How come the How-To forum can't display multiple pages? It seems that these DIY posts disappear after a while.
Back